Thread: thankful for what i have

thankful for what i have

i know many of us suffer with very very distressing problems,and in no way do i seek to diminish that,but i have a friend lying in intensive care and he is in a bad way and we are all sick with worry.i just felt yesterday,when i got home to my lovely wife and children how lucky i am to have all this,to enjoy it and to be alive,and for now,healthy.this has hit us like a train from nowhere.so i am taking stock of everything around me,and its a beautiful place we live in.today is valentines day and my ill friends girlfriend has to spend it in a hospital wondering if mick will make it through each day.my brother is in edinburgh with his new beau having a decadant time,and me and mig go out tomorrow night to candlelit dinner.so i wish to say how thankful i am for this wonderful life.

Re: thankful for what i have

Hi Ade, sorry to hear about your friend and yes your right, we do need to take stock sometimes and appreciate what we have, instead of what we haven't got. Have a lovely meal and enjoy every moment with your wife ade. Love to your friend Paige x x

A lovely post ade and very thought provoking. Enjoy x x

Have been thinking of Mick since you last posted about his progress. Thank you for posting a message that has helped me so much today...as I am having a difficult one. Hope you both have a lovely evening.

Hi Ade.

Things like this do make us take stock of our lives and we focus on all the things that we have that less fortunate people would envy.

Have a great meal

xxx

Hi Ade,

Amazing after my pm to you that I just read this. I agree totally. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Laura

your so very right ade its like the coldplay lyrics say

"what good is it to live,with nothing left to give.not loveing all you see"

you have to take time to really appreciate what is around you becuase one day it might not be there.

i hope your friend gets better x

charli xxx

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

Ade, i totally agree with you,i think if everyone stopped and realised what they do have instead of what they don't they would feel a lot happier.I know how it easy it is to get caught up in negative stuff but everyone has things to be grateful for.I try everyday to practice the attitude of gratitude and be thankful for everything i have.

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

Thread Information