Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies ... Cervical Smear Test

Re: Ladies ... Cervical Smear Test

Hi everyone. I've just posted on another thread about having my first smear so wont go into the ins & outs. Basically I am 35 & have only just plucked up the courage to have my first one (Always been too scared of the results not the actual smear test). I worked myself up into a real state about it last week, I rang my local family planning clinic & asked to speak to a nurse about my anxieties, she took a good 10 minutes talking things through with me & i put the phone down, put my coat on & went for it done there and then !! When I got there I even had a few tears in the nurses office - I was just so scared of getting bad news. She took my hand, gave me a little cuddle & told me it didnt matter I had never been it was that I was there then (all be-it 10 years overdue) that mattered. My long winded point is talk to the nurse & tell her all your worries, if it had not have been for the phonecall I had with a nurse I would never have plucked up the courage to go !!

Re: Ladies ... Cervical Smear Test

Hi ladies!!

Thanks for all your support in the lead up to my test. I had it this morning, and I got through it!

It wasn't the best experience I've ever had. I must be honest, it was quite painful. (But I anticipated this, because I haven't had children or been sexually active, and I was honest to the nurse about this, and she was as gentle as she could be) but I'm so glad I got it done, for health reasons, but also because, I know if I'd have shied away from it, it would just be on my mind all the time and I'd get obsessed and depressed about it.

Afterwards I bought myself a couple of treats. It was certainly a very different way to spend 15/20minutes on a friday morning to what I'm used to

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information