Thread: Tingly Hands...?

Exclamation Tingly Hands...?

so, my hands have been tingly lately. for the past couple days actually. and its not when i've been up and working. but i've been sick so, i've been lying down a lot. when i keep them warm it's not. it's just a little more with my left hand, but i am right handed so i keep my right hand busy more often. i have a lot of stress right now since i have to see my dad tomorrow and i'm really nervous about it.
    so, am i dying? do i have a major health issue????

Re: Tingly Hands...?

First of all it could be stress/panic related as when you're feeling like this blood gets directed to your heart (like an adrenaline thing) and that's why your face/feet/hands get tingly.

Or it could be something like repetitive strain injury which is so common! I had a tingly right hand and found out this is what it was from bad posture when I was at work or doing uni work. When I eventually went to see the physiotherapist turns out she had it too! I didn't even have to continue going because I could relieve it by improving my working conditions. All my worrying was making it worse!

It doesn't sound serious, and if it is something like I've mentioned it's really common and can be treated. I know from experience that when you have health anxiety everything seems really serious, then you realise that everyone has little health worries but most people just get on with life... I just wish I could too!

And as always (and as we all know), worrying about it will make it far worse. I bet when you're busy doing something it's far less noticeable (or you forget about it altogether).

Thread Information