Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got a disable blue badge through agoraphobia or anxiety?

Has anyone got a disable blue badge through agoraphobia or anxiety?

Hi
    Just wondered if anyone has a blue disable badge due to haveing anxiety or agoraphobia.

I used to have one years ago. but they took it off me cos the rules have changed!!

The thing is I dont want a badge to park in car parks etc. I need one so I can go to doctors surgery or shopping where i can literly park outside the shop.

It does pee me off as some people have badges and they can walk quite far etc from car parks etc. I dont want a free car park ticket I need just the chance to go shopping it would actually give me more confidence in getting in shops more.

My Dad is on the mission to get me a disable badge at the minute.. does anyone else feel the same way as me?

Kate

Re: Has anyone got a disable blue badge through agoraphobia or anxiety?

I was told by my CPN that I would qualify for a blue badge due to my agoraphobia, although I haven't applied for one yet.

you can apply online http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedire...parking+permit

Hope this helps
    take care xxx

Hi, Just been refused for a blue badge by my council grrrr a bit peeved off now.

I will kick there ass and send all the info I have from house of commans etc and the blue badge scheme.

mental health issues has to be heard!!!!

I think it's disgraceful that those of us with agoraphobia do not come under this scheme. I know lots of people who have a Blue Badge due to physical problems and quite honestly most of them are capable of walking a lot further than I am without any problems. Agoraphobia may be classed as a mental health disorder however the symptoms are totally physical, so why are we discriminated against like this.

Wanting a Blue Bade is not about being able to park for nothing, I know I also don't care what I pay to park. It's all about being able to park close to a shop or other place because otherwise we just can't go to these places. It does really get me very cross, as you can tell

Ive got one hun i was given it years ago.
    Have you spoken to your gp or cpn is you have one about it because they can give you a letter.
    Do you get dla for your agoraphobia because that should help if you do. My sister is agoraphobic and she got dla for it and then got a badge for car as her son..my nephew drives her.
    Maybe councils differ...but they shouldnt though.
    Hope you get it sorted hun.
    xx

YEAH... makes me cross too grr. will be doing something about this!! I have wrote a post on my blog about it to if u would like to read it x

http://angel-angelwithoutwings.blogspot.com/

Cheers xxx

Hi my im a 33 year old male with generalised anxiety disorder, i get DLa both low rates for care and mobility, i am also being looked at for possible autism spectrum disorder which is quite a lengthy process.

I have also applied for a blue badge from my local council here in Worcestershire which i am also having a hard time in trying to get the council to issue me with a badge, my doctor is on the case and she is going to write me a letter expalining to them that i have problems getting around expecially the town centre, i get very anxious quick and i am prone to panic attacks, or i will freeze on the spot, which puts me in great danger when this happens, Just like yourselfs i dont want to dodge parking fees, i dont care about money, all i want is to be able to park as close as i can to where i have to go to less the chance of a panic attack, but the council cant see this as "disabling" and effects how i walk all becasue i can walk, its just very hard for me to do so without being put under extreme anxiety, it really is very horrible feeling when this happens as you all know.

hopefully my Gp will sort it out for me and i will keep you all updated on my progress.

thanks for reading my reply

KATE if you get ur gp to fill in the form u will be issued a blue badge

An update on my blue badge application, my GP wrote a letter saying how getting around town etc can elevate my anxiety levels etc and the council officer issued me with a badge on the spot, i was supprised how quick the process was as i was expecting it would take a few days or someting.

I can now park as close to where i have to go now (which i have used it today and i felt much better knowing that i can escape if i feel i have to much quicker) so who thinks that they need a blue badge i suggest that you apply, as i say "if you dont ask, you dont get!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information