Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hi,

I am not too sure what to write so I guess I'll just say why I am here!

I started having panic attacks after I was involved in a fatal RTA in 1997. It was initially a one off but I couldnt stop thinking about it and ended up becoming quite severely depressed and having obsessive thoughts etc. Ended up being put on venlafaxine 75mg MR and have been on and off them ever since. They do help a hell of a lot but fear now I am on them for life!

As I was in the RAF they tried CBT, EMDR and general counselling for which I am incredibly grateful to them for. I dont think I could have accessed or afforded that kind of care if it were not for the RAF.

I left the forces last year and was feeling pretty good in all. I had been diagnosed with GAD which annoyed me as it felt as if it were a generic term for someone who they couldn't diagnose. Anyway since leaving the RAF I have taken a bit of nosedive which I have attributed to the transition to civilian life but I seem to be getting progressivly worse as time goes on not better as I'd have expected. Now I am suffering from incredible pressure headaches where I feel like my had is going to burst, dizziness and ear/jaw ache. I guess all these are connected somehow in the wierd world of ENT but that is what brought me to this website (googled symptoms!!).

In all this time of dealing with anxiety I wish I had know this forum existed!!!

Anyway that is me and I guess I didnt struggle so much in writing something afterall! I am sorry if you are now asleep after reading this but thankyou for taking the time to read it!

I hope I can become an active memeber of this forum and look forward to chatting.

Anthony

Re: Hello!

Hi Anthony

Welcome to nmp.
    You will get alot of advice here and make good friends on the way too

maybe pop into our chat room some time and get to know some of us in there x

Hiya,

Thankyou pink-daisey I may venture into the chat room but I am always a bit hesitant when it comes to them. I never know what to say!

I will give it a try soon though and thanks again for the welcome!

Hi Tetley

Thankyou also for your warm welcome! Its always hard to be a newbie eh but I will give it a go!!

Anthony

Thumbs up Re: Hello!

Hi Anthony, I'm a newbie myself (google led me here too).

Hey Mau!

Here's to us newbies lol! It makes a change for google to come up with something of use for a change!!

Anthony. Glad you have found us.

Veronica

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thankyou all for your welcomes! x

Hi Anthony, youv come to the right place, you will find support and understanding here, see you in chat sometime, its a good place to go for distraction, welcome to nmp love paige x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information