Thread: Please help! Ectopics

Please help! Ectopics

Hi Everyone. I have been suffering from these missed beats since October 08. They seemed to go away for a couple of weeks during but thats it. Every day they are here.

Do ectopics occur even though you don't feel anxious or stressed?

Can you get worse ectopics in the afternoon rather than the morning because mine seem to occur after eating in the afternoon. In the morning I get maybe a couple or even none! I say to myself if it was heart disease there would be more symptoms also they wouldn't just decide to go mad in the afternoon. Does anyone else do this??

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Ben

Re: Please help! Ectopics

Sounds like classic ectopics, Ben. Mine have been with me off and on for about 10years! Had a few years without but they have returned now. Yes they tend to be worse as the day goes on and many people have posted that they have noticed a link between them and eating...to do with the vagus nerve. If you haven't already you should get the assurance from the Dr that they are harmless, then you can stop worrying... then they are just incredibly annoying and frustrating!

Hi,
    Like you my ectopics started in Oct and were really bad one day then nothing for a couple of weeks. Since xmas i have had them more frequently. Last week i had them from 1pm ish every day, every 5 min until i went to bed, then i went 24 hrs without any! I have only had 10-20 or so each day now for the last 3 days. All i can say is, keep positive and if you are anything like me, take comfort from reading these boards and realise that there are are a lot of fellow suffers out here to offer support.
    Best wishes
    Dave

Hello

I have also read that simply having a full stomach can increase the pressure in the chest cavity and firstly increase the likelihood of ectopics and further make them feel worse - I can also track bouts to eating / overeating.

Best wishes
    Simon

To Benjy83

Do the sensible usual thing, get them checked out with the Doc. Probably he will tell you they are benign. I agree they are the most annoying thing possible, but so many, and I mean so many people have them all their lives.

Hugme

Quote Originally Posted by Benjy83 View Post
    Hi Everyone. I have been suffering from these missed beats since October 08. They seemed to go away for a couple of weeks during but thats it. Every day they are here.

Do ectopics occur even though you don't feel anxious or stressed?

Can you get worse ectopics in the afternoon rather than the morning because mine seem to occur after eating in the afternoon. In the morning I get maybe a couple or even none! I say to myself if it was heart disease there would be more symptoms also they wouldn't just decide to go mad in the afternoon. Does anyone else do this??

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Ben
    I don't know if there is any connection or relevance in this, but Google the following words splenic flexure syndrome arryhthmia. I came across this link when I was doing my own search for answers.

Best Wishes

i would love to google this but i refuse to google nowadays..... just sends y anxiety flyin when i see heart desease etc.... can u poss explain ur findings xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Rachey poos View Post
    i would love to google this but i refuse to google nowadays..... just sends y anxiety flyin when i see heart desease etc.... can u poss explain ur findings xxx
    As I recall from memory, and very simply..........where the large colon turns and descends on the left hand side, just under the ribs, gas can be trapped. This can induce palpitations or an irregular heartbeat.

Some people are possibly anatomically more predisposed to this condition.

The same sort of effect can be created by swallowing air when you eat, or gulping air when you talk.

Please pardon my expression, but if you burp or belch a lot, and your palpitations or irregular heartbeat reduces, it may be a simple matter of trapped wind at this point in your colon.

Thread Information