Thread: My Tips To Get Through Anxiety....

My Tips To Get Through Anxiety....

Okay......... I suffer from really, really bad anxiety at times when it completely takes over my mind and wreeps my soul. I am no expert, its just a matter of getting through it though, and staying in the game.

These may be obvious ones, but they are my tips for getting past them depressing thoughts.

1) The Killer Run...
    ------------------------------------
    This is the best temp cure i can offer. When ever i am really really depressed, i mean like tearing myself up at home, in the living room on my own........ when it all just gets unbarable....... i just drop everything, put on my trainers and go for a killer run around the block. Im pretty fit anyway, so i really run as fast as i can for a jog of about 9 minutes round my local roads. It helps so much - escapism. When your heart is racing, panting, and its tiring you, it really does give your brain something ELSE to think about. When your half way round the track, your mind doesn't care about the depressing thoughts anymore, just about running..... its great. When you get home, you feel 10 times better - trust me, and try this form of escapism, but please don't kill yourself.

2) Keep A Diary....
    ----------------------------
    Being ultra emotional, ive kept a diary for years and it helps to clear your mind--- BIG TIME. If you can get your thoughts out on paper its a proud thing. Sometimes, when i have felt my all time low and had absolutely nobody in the world at all, i have turned to my only friend... my diary.... Reading myn thoughts people would think i am absoluitely crazy. But ive always beleived that one day i will get it published and be famous.......... for thinking and feeling in such a unique way to everyone else. To Have Emotion is to live - remember that.

3) The Favourite Song...
    -----------------------------------
    An obvious one, but when your down, put on that one precious song that means the world to you, and by the end of it your head will be lifted and you will have the energy to carry on. Ordinary World - by Duran Duran Does it for me. 'And as i try to make my way to the ordinary world...... i will try to survive............'

Hope ive helped slightly......

But remember, to have emotion is to live.

Hi and thanks for that post.

I agree with it all. Exercise is great for relieving stress and anxiety and the diary is a must for everyone to keep.

As for songs - Oh you couldn't have picked a more poignant song for me. I love it but sadly it is cos it was played at the funeral of my partners half-brother but I still love it.

My song that I play when anxious is "Extreme Ways" by Moby.

When I was in a difficult situation on Sunday I just played it over and over and cos I was singing along it helps with the breathing.

Thanks for the great post.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

This is a fabulous reminder of these 3 great points and so glad it helps you, hope it will help others too.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Great ideas and they really DO help

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

So very true Thanks for that. It really helps.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

WHAT YOU SAY IS SO TRUE!
    I have been doing half an hour workout every morning lately as i feel it helps dampen down my anxiety, it supplys seratonin to the brain... which helps us remain positive.

As for songs: I always think of what my Nan used to sing......
    SHIRLEY BASSEY........ I AM WHAT I AM
    Cant remember alot of the words but it was the sort of song that said i make no excusses , who cares what people think!

wish i had it here to listen to lol

mirryx

Great post and i am sure everyone appreciates that.

Thanks.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thread Information