Thread: Hi - anxiety/depression & medication!

Question Hi - anxiety/depression & medication!

Hi, I am Peppercat, I have been going through a hard time with anx/depression. Have been on 10mg of Cipralex with loraz. to help - recently been put on Zispin as add-on - after 10 days I have had to come off it as it sent me dizzy, tingly & dozy & I passed out while shopping. Doc told me to halve dose 1st night, then quarter 2nd night -then NOTHING - I don't know if anyone has been on it such a short time, & withdrawn, but I feel like I am going through withdrawl, shaky and so much more anxious, or is it just me being my usual anxious self? I did manage to get into work this afternoon which is helping!!!!
    Have read this forum many times & appreciate the candour & courage displayed.
    Peppercat

Re: Hi - anxiety/depression & medication!

Hello Peppercat. I'm sorry that you have had a hard time withdrawing from Zispin/mirtazapine. I was on this anti depressant last year for about a year. I had serious problems trying to withdraw from it and I experienced bad anxiety which was definitely a symptom of withdrawal and not of my underlying depression. It took me two 'gos' to come off it. If your symptoms are those of withdrawal then you should start to feel better within one to two weeks. If your symptoms are to do with your depression then I would go back to the doctor to see what he suggests. I had some valium to help me in withdrawal. I'm not taking it now. As you were on Zispin/mirtazapine such a short time you might be particularily sensitive to some anti depressants. I wish you well and hope you begin to feel better soon.

Thanks ElizabethJane, I just thought that it was such a short taper - even though I had taken it for only a short time....I must say having gone in to work this afternoon (never thought I could) I do feel a bit more normal....all in the mind maybe.......?

Mirtazapine/Zispin has caused the most problems for me in withdrawal. I expect that your GP/Pdoc might change your meds completely. There are other anti depressants that he could try. The drowsiness was a normal side effect of the drug. Passing out is not a normal side effect.
    Last edited by ElizabethJane; 17-02-09 at 17:05. Reason: spelling

Thread Information