Thread: Gettin too involved in hobbies?

Gettin too involved in hobbies?

not sure if this an ocd thing, but i thinkit might be.

does anyne flit from one hobby to the next buying all the gear, reading all the magazines, then decide they cant do it and jack it in?

in the last year ive tried martial arts, golf, and currently im into making music...
    problem is find my self obcessing almost tpo the point of where nothin else matters, its on my mind 24/7, i lay away think of lyrics etc...
    but i hardly do any doing, its like 99 percent thinkin lol...then when i cant do sumthin i get really angry and give up...

is it an ocd/anxiety trait to get like this over a hobby?
    i dunno, it can be really annoying lol

Re: Gettin too involved in hobbies?

If you have already had previous bouts of OCD it seems possible that this could be related. I have heard obsessive hoarding and collecting can be connected with OCD. Does it cause you anxiety?

Ive been like that all my life getting seriously into something then giving it up quickly ive never thought of it being an ocd thing rather that i get bored too easy if i stop feeling challenged i get bored so i move on lol

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

I think Melvingoo asked a good question. Does it cause you Anxiety ?

If so, I'm guessing this could be classed as OCD. I'm no expert in OCD, but if this is bothering you and causing you stress, it's best to contact your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvingoo View Post
    If you have already had previous bouts of OCD it seems possible that this could be related. I have heard obsessive hoarding and collecting can be connected with OCD. Does it cause you anxiety?

not sure if it causibg me anxiety, just that i seem to be really over the top into somrthing then find something else a few weeks laster disgarding the early obsession

Thread Information