Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should Citalopram make you feel? Happy or just better than before/normal?

Re: How should Citalopram make you feel? Happy or just better than before/normal?

I was at a nightclub once and I was very drunk. A bloke who was even more drink thought I was talking to his girlfriend and took a swing at me. My friend launched himself from out of my view and took this bloke down. That was the last bit of bother I had from that bloke.

Citalopram is like the friend who throws himself into your problems, trying to hold them back long enough for you to muster a counter attack. Citalopram does not have the capability to fix your problems -- you have to do that -- it gives you breathing room to gather your strength.

I find that I am getting back to my old self under citalopram. Any changes in me are due to my battle against anxiety, not the drug. Citalopram helps you get back to your good old self. It's incredibly reassuring when you realise you are finally starting to think, talk and behave like yourself once more.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: How should Citalopram make you feel? Happy or just better than before/normal?

This is a really great reply, and very true. After a while of taking it I suddenly realised that a massive weight had been lifted, that kind of heaviness I used to get in my mind had gone and I finally felt I could relax. The problems don't go away but you can begin to look at them in a far more objective manner without the associated pain.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kellyp View Post

One thing I have noticed - and I'm not proud of this - is that I laugh at inappropriate things! The woman who was mauled by polar bears recently? I laughed when I saw the pictures! 11 days ago I would have burst into tears.

Kx

hahaha.. just read this... I watched a documentary on the Grizzly man, a guy who lived with the bears and got eaten by them, I cried my eyes out for days afterwards..... I seem to be getting more emotional on citalopram but in a good 'i'm human' way! ... it was that song at the end about coyotes too.... woo wip woo wup wooo...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information