Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried sick...

Worried sick...

Hi All
    I do hope there is someone who can help me...
    I started with Panic attacks about 6 months ago after suffering with anxiety and not knowing what was wrong for ages. After various problems which I believe triggered this lot, I decided to have my old breast implants replaced as they were not looking great after 15 years. Booked and organised then a week before op got pain when breathing in, so saw Doc who sent me for xray. Heard nothing but felt fine so went ahead with op. Thank goodness as one old implant had ruptured! Had them removed and replaced with lovely results!
    Problem is, I then got a call from Doc to say xray was weird so had another, side view. Result came back ok but wanted another front view, which came back weird again.
    Panic stations, although my Doc said she felt all was ok but referred me anyway to be sure. Waited ages for that appointment and got totally worked up. They sent me for yet another xray and bloods. I have to now have ct scan on Tuesday and am beside myself with worry.
    I havn't heard anything about bloods, but had a batch done about 6 months ago and all was ok.
    It appears that my lung is clear and surely after breast surgery the surgeon would have spotted anything faulty?
    I had op in late November last year. Could the mark be scar tissue or something like that?
    I am so scared and cannot think about anything else and cannot manage without Diazapam at the moment.
    I hope someone may shedsome light...I have searched this site and no-one seems to have anything similar.
    Otherwise what a wonderful site....so many good tips to handling the panic...
    Thanks Guys.
    Pegs X

Re: Worried sick...

hi peggys its understandable to feel panicky at a stressfull time like this,but im sorry i dont know anything about breast inplants,hope you find out the info that you need to know
    take care
    tanya 1

Thank you Tanya, for your concern.
    I'm hoping someone may respond. I'm also hoping it's just some old silicone or something. The worrying makes me feel physically ill.
    Pegs X

Hi Peggy, I just did a bit of googling for you (it's allowed if it's for someone else!!) and it seems a ruptured implant CAN cause a 'misleading' chest x-ray. So I'm sure that is what it is. Also breast implants can cause some pretty course calcification, which - i'm guessing - could show up on an X-ray. Please try not to worry too much (I know, easy to say!) and let us know how you get on!
    xxx

Hi there

I'm new to the forum (and a guy) so perhaps I'm not best placed to comment on breast implants... but...

I do know that worry and anxiety can mimic all sort of horrible things. Trust your docs. and remember that the human body is a pretty hardy creation. And perhaps feel pleased the the results of the op. were so good for you - and if they weren't you might be worrying about that instead!

I'm really glad to have found this place, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here. For now try some deep breathing and relaxation.

WE WILL be OK!

Regards

Richard

Thank you both for your kindness and concern! I have to confess I have googled as well, which made things worse for me, but am hoping for some answers today.
    Pegs X

Good luck! It also occured to me that if things look OK from the side view, that suggests that whatever it is is flat against your chest wall (in other words has no depth to it and can't be seen from the side), which would also fit with a breast implant related thing..,.,. thinking of you today!
    xx

P.S Never google yourself - it always makes things worse!!!

Thanks JoJo!
    I went for scan today and of course was like a gibbering idiot. I was ok though after taking a pill and breathing exercises. Also the staff here are amazing. After doing the chest they did my head (????) as well, they said they may as well to do a good check up. In a way a good thing, but niggling me a bit about WHY.
    Now I am going to be living in fear of the post man and telephone!
    I am so glad to have found this site...I really don't want to stress my family so keep quite about a lt of my fears...I even have to log in on the sneak!
    X

Weird! Are they checking you've got a brain?? haha sorry. Well I hope the wait won't be too awsful for you...... everything WILL be fine. Remember that when you suffer from anxiety the worse case scenario seems sooooo much more likely than it really is.
    I know what you mean about having to keep quiet about fears. I do that too. So vent away on here - we all understand the strange workings of highly anxious minds.
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information