Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fibroids...

Smile Fibroids...

Does anyone know if fibroids can be detected in a smear test?

Re: Fibroids...

I don't think they can - mine were detected when I had a pelvic scan and they found an ovarian cyst as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because I have pelvic pain or bladder pain, not always, it's comes and goes and I'm having a smear on tuesday. If it goes on, I'll tell my doctor. Did u have pelvic pain as well?

Thanx for your reply.

I had terrible pelvic pain and now I have bladder pain but I was told last week I have a urine infection as well.

I am also going for a 2nd scan for the ovarian cyst this coming Wednesday so will see what they say.

As for the fibroids they told me they will just go in time and they don't do anything with them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

How did they find out about your bladder infection?

Sorry I meant urine infection..

Not sure if you are aware but I am currently very ill with Crohn's disease and been off work 5 months after a long hospital stay.

I have had this pain for months and they kept telling me it was the Crohn's but I kept saying it wasn't!

Anyway I did a urine sample last week at the hopsital and they said it looked like I had a urine infection but would be in touch once they sent it off for testing.

Got a letter from doc's on Thursday to say could I take another urine sample down which I did and it was a very funny colour! They called to say I needed antibiotics straight away as I had an infection and didn't I have any symptoms.

I told them I had loads of symptoms but everyone was ignoring me and telling me it was the Crohn's! I am so mad about it as I have been in pain for months and no-one listened to me.

So in short I did a urine test and that showed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pfmelody View Post
    Does anyone know if fibroids can be detected in a smear test?
    I might be wrong but I think they can be felt if you have an internal.

I have read that a lot of women have fibroids but they never know they have got them but sometimes large ones can cause problems. I think I may have them too.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Not sure if you are aware but I am currently very ill with Crohn's disease and been off work 5 months after a long hospital stay.

I have had this pain for months and they kept telling me it was the Crohn's but I kept saying it wasn't!

Anyway I did a urine sample last week at the hopsital and they said it looked like I had a urine infection but would be in touch once they sent it off for testing.

Got a letter from doc's on Thursday to say could I take another urine sample down which I did and it was a very funny colour! They called to say I needed antibiotics straight away as I had an infection and didn't I have any symptoms.

I told them I had loads of symptoms but everyone was ignoring me and telling me it was the Crohn's! I am so mad about it as I have been in pain for months and no-one listened to me.

So in short I did a urine test and that showed it up.
    I just read about the Crohn's deasease, I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. I really really hope you're gonna feel better
    Thanx a lot for your reply and your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan63 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think they can be felt if you have an internal.

I have read that a lot of women have fibroids but they never know they have got them but sometimes large ones can cause problems. I think I may have them too.
    I think I have them too, but not sure. I should have a check up anyway. The thought doesn't worry me though, because I know that fibroids are harmless.

Thanx for ur reply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information