Thread: Anger

Anger

Does anyone else have a short fuse, get frustrated very easy and angered very easy?? I want to know if this may be linked to my OCD, if not I clearly just have anger management problems....I find the worst time I get frustrated and angry is if my parents annoy me....I do not live with them and am in my late 20's so its not a I hate my parents thing.....

People seem to annoy me a lot more than they used to...I also seem to get frustrated and tearful when I am annoyed?? a lot easier than most people....

Re: Anger

Hi mate, I'm glad you have brought this up as it's not something people like to admit to, but over the last few years I have felt that some days, I have much less time, patience and tolerance of some people and things. I am in my early 30s and live my Mum again after a couple years abroad. I think perhaps the pressure of society and the fact that I feel even though I am a decent looking and a gnerally decent guy feel that more is always expected of me especially financially, but sometimes strugglet to move forward is part of the reason, I have lost some faith in me and more importantly in others and with that Im assuming the worst of people, when I used to assume the best and this all frustrates me, till you end up protecting yourself by keeping to yourself. I went on a bit of a ramble there, but I know what you mean, I bet you do as I do feel even worse when you have been angry, especially with those you love. I think Iwhy am I reacting like that, I should be more tolerant, but as I said I think because I am not happy with my life and society generally sometimes I can find that tolerance difficult.
    THe anger management classes won't do any harm, you may find some strategies that reduce this and help you feel better, though I don't like recommending mads,maybe also an idea to look at a mild sedative to take the edge off, Cheers, Steph.

im already on meds for the OCD. Its true what you say though after you have reacted in a certain way i get upset for example if i have spoke bad to my mom i get upset because i dont want to talk to her in that way.

I have got a very short fuse (as all my family knows). I never used to be like this, I was once a very calm person. But I have found that as my anxiety got worse, so did my temper. It if funny because you can feel that you are ready to explode but can not stop yourself from saying horrible things. It is like you mouth will not shut up!!!!! Afterwards, I feel so terrible and sometimes stupid as I have just blown up over the most little thing. I am just grateful that I have family that understand, but it still does not make me feel better as I generally beat myself up about for days.

ok you describe pretty much how I feel. im glad, thanks

I tend to get angry at family sometimes...think its just cos im angry i have ocd and kinda take it out on them. dont mean to though

Hi guys...everything everyone has said is sooo true and real to me also. My temper is unbelievable sometimes. I say horrible things in arguments which don't need to be had and then feel so guilty and terrible after I say the things. I've started to say "I love you" at the end of phone conversations because I'm really paranoid if I argue with loved ones and then something happens, I wouldn't know how to live with myself after.

Also I'm in Uni at tho moment and live with friends etc and love them to pieces but some days I just can't be bothered like I'll get angry over the smallest thing and then be in a bad mood all day. It's horrible.

I have a husband and small children and they only have to do the slightest thing and i get angry and shout at them. Don't know what to do about it. Hate being out of control.

Thread Information