Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a dog?

Re: Should I get a dog?

Aw thanks for the replies, I do tend to over think things! I’ve never owned a dog before and I don’t want to mess it up. My neighbours have two small dogs so if I got a dog it would have playmates.
    Debra, golden retriever’s are such pretty dogs! My grandfather had one. Wow that’s really good you are able to walk her and that it helps your agoraphobia! Aw that’s like me with my cat! I have to take her out for her walk otherwise I’ll feel guilty!
    Reallyfedup. I know poodles are very intelligent and can be quite difficult, but I’m hoping because of the small toy size a good walk will calm it down.
    I’m doing my research and I’ll need to save up too. Sorry to hear you had to put your dog to sleep x x I had to put my 10year old cat to sleep. It was so hard to make the decision.
    Lorac, ya people to seem to warm to you if your out walking a dog! I might even make new friends. I could go to puppy class’s!
    Southerner_bell, aw that’s so cute! Ya I adore animals,they make me happy.
    Granny primark aw he bought you a puppy! Yes it is hard to be sad with a cute happy wiggly little puppy!
    pink daisy, aw that’s good your going a little further everyday x . I hope getting a dog will help me too.
    Tetley sorry about your dog x Dogs need more obedience too and training. I trained my cousins old lab to do lots of tricks. I may ask my neibour if I can walk her little dog,
    Sunshinelady ha ha 4 dogs! Lots of hard work . Yes animals just love you, their quite cuddly too!
    I often look after family’s dogs and a few times my friends dog. Never had any problems but once I took my friends dog for a walk and she was in heat! A big Dalmatian tried to mount her!

yes i would also say having pets is a massive help to ppl who are struggling and who are maybe around the house quite alot most days/all days - i have 2 cavaliers and despite the fear of losing them i would never be without - like they say its better to love and lose than to never love at all

however one word of caution - when your circumstances improve, you may want to be more active out and about - say working or studying - will you have someone to go and let your dog out in the day and maybe spend time with it - dogs unlike cats do not really like being home alone all day. i have improved since i got my dogs but my life now has to revolve around them, i couldnt jus tgo out and work full time because they arent used to that - so thats the only thing i would say is just think about a change of circumstance and could you cover it so your dog still got looked after properly

not long since come back from my docs and I told him we had a puppy and he said he highly recommended it.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

My dog and I are best friends...I live in a small bungalow too and i have a Yorkshire Terirer...I have always had Yorkies. He is such a comfort to me and walking is great therapy. I lost my last Yorkie when he was 16 and of course it is heartbreaking...a bereavement really, but put that beside 16 years of love and companionship...I hope you get your dog.XXX

Ya I was worried about what if I got a job, but knowing me it would be a part time job at the most, since I live in town I could go home at lunch, my aunt doesn't work and lives down the road, my next door neighbor is retired and has a nice little dog of her own. so i do definitely have some babysitters if I need one!
    aw Ihope I can get a dog too n find a good breeder, i think a toy poodle can cost up to 500! so i better get saving my pennies.
    it would be good for my cat too, she loves to run around n play

Dogs are totally the best therapy! I adore mine and only have to look at him to be cheered up and feel grounded. xx

I love my dog , he just seems to understand me so much all my different moods, i also have my mums wee dog now as she died september there , and it sounds silly but she has been a kind of therapy for me , helping me through, so if your committed and willing to put the work in i would highly recommend it xx

I have Ferrets myself They keep me smiling, I even take them out for walks

Pets are great!.. They give you something to focus on other than yourself! .. Finding the right sort for you is important, be it Dog Cat..etc. but I highly recommend it .

Meet one of mine, Vinnie.. aka 'Vin Dweezle'

aww mully!!!!!!!!
    How cute is your vinnie?!?
    absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Mully

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I want one now!!

Lisa
    xxxxx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information