Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a dog?

Re: Should I get a dog?

Mully he is lovely I have two just like that, mine are girls. Unfortunately they don't like living outside so they live indoors but they are so sweet and so full of fun, you should get one Lisa they really are great pets.

Carol

I have two also Carol, Vinni and Minx actually between me and my friend we have 8 of them in this house! arn't they just the best!! Mine go outside into a large run in the day, but they are indoors with me every eve/night. Minx likes to curl up inside my pillow, I wake up some nights with my pillow jumping around when she has a sneezing fit lol..

Hi Mully,

That was really interesting to read when you said yours gets a sneezing fit, I have been worrying about one of mine because it gets a sneezing fit in the night. Does yours get this often.

I think ferrets are the best, they are alot of fun trouble is they do nip your fingers a bit.

Carol

Awwww how sweet is Vinnie?
    My hubby used to has 13 when he was younger. I would love some, however I don't think they would be too impressed with my greyhound!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine-lady View Post
    Awwww how sweet is Vinnie?
    My hubby used to has 13 when he was younger. I would love some, however I don't think they would be too impressed with my greyhound!

xxx

lol.. probably not.. Though we also have a German Shepherd and she lets them ride on her back and nip her paws

Ferrets are always getting their noses into things, all the nooks and crannies and sniffing dust n stuff.. I think too, that this time of year when they have shedded or are shedding their winter coats they tend to cough and splutter more too. I would not worry too much about it unless it becomes more regular than normal. We have a Fuzzbutt called Nog, who has a growth up inside his nasal passage and he is always sneezing.. nothing really can be done about it other than major surgery, as the nasal pasages on a Ferret are soooo tiny the Vet can't get up there easily to remove it. We feel there is no point to this as it does not seem to bother him insomuch as getting fits of sneezes for a while. He is still happy and getting into things he shouldn't lol..

Get a guinea pig They are very very low maintenance...

My daughter's guinea pigs are great for relieving my anxiety. They are warm and cute, and they just seem to get my mind to focus on something else than anxiety - et voila! anxiety be gone

All the best, Jens
    Last edited by jbond1978; 23-03-09 at 21:37.

They are so sweet.

Carol

A dog is a great idea!
    I`ve been addicted to dogs since I was a lil kid; I grew up with romanian shepherd dogs; powerful and very courageous dogs but so kind and forgiving and affectionate with a 5 yo kid like me
    I remained a dog fan for the rest of my life. Dogs are the incarnated form of angels. I cannot emphasize too much how much joy they brought into my life. Now I have a 6 lbs mixed pekingese girl, packed with two tones of courage; she would fight any dog, no matter his size, if he is too cheeky. She`s eight, but still young at heart and so playful!
    There are two important things that I`ve learned from dogs: first is the absolute lack of self-compassion. I`ve seen dogs barely able to see or to walk and still happy with their lives, while we, people, freak out and ruin our lives from a scratch on the skin...
    The second one is about assuming responsabilities; I formulated it as follows: Walking your dog is the one thing you HAVE to do everyday, three times a day; everything else can wait.
    marius

Certified Assistance Dog Here!!!

I have had panic disorder for 30 years now. In that time I have had 4 service dogs (one after the other!) I am now 50 years old and am partnered with Bryce my Certified Assistance Dog per the Americans with Disabilities Act. He is a 5 year old Rottweiler.....my 2nd Rottweiler in a row He goes EVERYWHERE with me.....doctor, market, plane, bus, restaurant, movie, hotel, and more.

In america it's called a psychiatric service dog.

My first assistance dog was a mini schnauzer.......the 2nd was a standard schnauzer.

The independence they have shown me has been nothing short of a miracle. I have been blessed not once, but four times now!

Get the dog!!!!!!

Stephanie

My kittycats helped me so much through the really tough times. When I was at my worst someone bought me a kitten - not exactly the best time to have a kitten, but she sometimes was the only reason I got up in the morning, to feed her and see to her. I now have another kitten and they are like twins. They both are so calm, peaceful and relaxing to have around and whether it be a dog or a cat or another pet, I really think they do help people with illnesses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information