Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I get a dog?

Re: Should I get a dog?

I have German Short Haired Pointer, having never had a dog before, hes wonderful unconditional and never chats back like the kids, we walk every day and it gets you out and blow the thought out, walking after a bad day really helps, ill never be with out a dog again.

Re: Should I get a dog?

Hi, I thought I'd chime in with my experience.

We've had our black Labrador for 7 weeks (since he was 2 months) and it seems like forever, in the best way possible.

I could spend days without going out and drag my feet coming home when work took me outside, but all that's changed now. I'm out many times a day for a pee and a poop (the dog, not me ) and to teach him new tricks. Labs are intelligent and want nothing better than to please its master(s).

Some background on the thoughyt process to get the dog:

My sons asked (for the nth time) if we could get a dog. M wife was completely against any pets, yet my psych asked me why I need to ask permission to do things which are quite reasonable....dilemna.

I told my son to pick a dog, but to keep it quiet - we'd bring it home and handle the objection then. I slept on the couch the enight the dog came 'home', just to avoid the cold shoulder.
    Things are a little better now but I get some daily flak about the dog...regardless, I'm happy.

There much to be said about zootherapy, light and heavy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information