Thread: Catching your breath?

Catching your breath?

Does anyone ever feel like they can't catch their breath? Sometimes I'll just be sitting around and suddenly feel a little weirdness and then like I have to focus to catch my breath over the course of 10-15 seconds. Is this normal for you guys also?

on a side note, i started acupuncture about 6 weeks ago, and i can't believe the difference it has made for me, i hate needles, so that's challenging, but i went for a two week stretch with zero palps, i get them now and then, but it's crazy how much different i feel.

Re: Catching your breath?

I'm guessing that this is not good, as nobody has really posted a response. A bit worried now.

Only thing I can relate to is that I have this sometimes when I am holding my breath and am not aware of it...then I realise I need air and have to draw a couple of deep ones. Do it mostly when I am anxious or trying to fend off a PA. Hope this helps a bit...XXXXX

I get shortness of breath due to premature ventricular contractions.

when my heart flutters it sometimes acts like a bellow. Forcing air out, but I find it very hard to then take air in - I have to gasp.

However, it's debatable whether this is due to my ectopic beats or, as doctors tell me, my reaction to them - i.e. panic.

But I do get them - thought I'd let you know.

I definitely get strange breathing effects when I get ectopics. Sometimes a little breath catch without feeling a beat, and sometimes (most times now) I can feel it coming and if I consciously breathe in fully through it the 'catch' doesn't happen. Hard to explain but that's how it feels.

Has been 'funny' enough that I can hear the effect in my voice as the ectopics do something a bit strange with the airflow.

In summary it sounds like what I get - I also get an acute (but not serious) pain in my chest with the ectopic sometimes - I exercise enough and have been on a twelve line monitor enough to believe now that it isn't anything bad. The last hospital episode with the twelve line monitor was good because a number of ectopics were caught on the trace and the cardiologist was able to explain what they were - all the previous reassurance from doctors didn't seem to do it but the fact that the cardio guy saw the trace when I knew I had the feeling was (and remains) reassuring.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Thread Information