Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Headaches

I will try and write a website page with more details about headaches, the causes and treatments but here is a quick summary that may help:

• They can result from stiff and painful muscles, especially in your scalp, jaw, neck. shoulders and upper back
    • They may be related to stress or may accompany a hangover
    • They sometimes follow a sporting injury or head injury
    • Some people are prone to headaches at weekends, possibly as a result of a change in routine.
    • They may also be caused by eye problems, dental problems, sinusitis, spinal problems or high blood pressure
    • They are rarely a sign of a brain tumour. In addition, the symptoms of a brain tumour usually develop gradually and become progressively worse, unlike the episodic nature of migraine, which is associated with complete freedom from symptoms between attacks.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Headaches

I'm in the "Prone to headaches" category.
    I suffer for sometimes up to 4 weeks at a time and then i can not have one for a couple of weeks. It's just me - unfortunately.

Thanks for posting this.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I'm prone to headaches too. I usually get headaches on Fridays. In HS I made it a joke with friends. Everyone used to say, here she comes with her "Friday headache".

God i think my headaches/migraines fall into every catergory except sports injury etc (im a little lazy). Withour Migraleve i dont know where id be x x x

I am prone to getting headaches

I recently found out that I've got Cluster Headache, but for a long time I kept going to see doctors and being turned away. The fear of getting a CH episode has had me in pieces since my teens, but its only now I can put a name to it. I don't know if I can attribute my anxiety solely to this, but the worry about these headaches has led to me changing my behaviour and avoiding things I want to do incase one comes along.

I`m prone to headaches I`ve had one everyday since August 2007.
    But then I do suffer from Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension or Psuedotumor Cerebri as it`s known in the States.
    Wish more was being done to find a cure for this condition but the medical people answer is to either make us have a shunt fitted(which causes more problems and doesn`t always get rid of the headaches anyway)or to keep taking Diamox which turns us all into the living dead.

Question Re: Headaches

Ouch I have had a headache on and off for the last two days.

The ache has been seriously panicing me, but then I sit back and think, hang on while I am having this headache, my "normal" Anxiety symptoms have been gone.. obsolete, so it must be a new Anxiety sign, yipee!

Anyway, my head has been aching the last few days, just thought I would share that, I cant think straight, or cant seem too, I am overreacting to it I guess as I never have any headaches normally.

Help or advice most great fully received.

Hi Nicola
    that sort of information is really useful.
    Thank you
    June

my depth perception has been off the pot today, is this a symptom any of you have had?

vote saxon
    XBOX LIVE: doomey

10. Re: Headaches

Ugh, I've had headaches nearly every day for maybe a year or two now. It's horrid.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information