Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Re: Headaches

Does anyone have a sensation that there head is very full and heavy and feel its a headache but it doesnt hurt? Is that a symptom after suffering from anxiety for the past week.
    Also havent done much and been indoors most of the week.
    Appreciate feedback as like someone with health anxiety I feel it could be a tumour (because its painless) or something worse because I have a fear of sudden death.

I think the sudden ice-pick headaches are the most unsettling! Just need to live as if they never happen and soon they will disperse and even stop occurring.

iv got a headache passed 3 days running.can this be due to stress and anxiety?
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And Wisdom to know the difference.

Hi Meena,
    Stress does manifest itself in all sorts of strange ways, headache being one.
    But to err on caution, you should have it checked out.

Are you taking any meds for your anxiety ? coz some of these too can have side effects like headaches etc.

I have suffered from anx/dep for a fair time. Give yourself some time & TLC. Bereavement can be painfull and can leave many mental scars. Just don't take on too much and relax whenever you can. I found meditation useful when really stressed

tc
    ash

Hi, I have been suffering from headaches for about 2 or 3 years now. I seem to have one most days for weeks at a time then they go away and I'm ok for a a few weeks then they come back. As well as having a constant headache I keep getting these sharp stabbing pains which last for a few seconds at a time then go away. These seem to be getting more frequent. Does anyone else experience these sharp stabbing pains? Docs put me on 10mg Nortryptelene which helped a little but I was still getting the headaches.

It's very depressing. I go to bed with one hoping it will go away but then it's still there when I wake.

I'm not sure the Doc takes me seriously. I know I suffer with stress and get anxious which explaines the headaches but what about these stabbing pains?

How does everyone else cope with their headaches?

kind of glad 2 see what u put there and it looks like u know what your talkn ablout i have a sore left had side of my jaw and sneez alot could this b 2do with mine? but its only sometimes a headache most times its a dull pain on the laft hand side at the top of my head and sometimes all over the top of my head what does this sound like i had a head scan about 6 mths ago that was fine could have something happen in that time? worried its bad? i am also 15 weeks preg thanks 4 reading

Def sounds like a tension headache to me. These can last for days, even years if left untreated. I have just been put onto Dosolupin (sp?) for anxiety and as a tryciclic it should help with tension headaches. Anybody else had success with these? Or TCA's as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by David_mk09 View Post
    Does anyone have a sensation that there head is very full and heavy and feel its a headache but it doesnt hurt? Is that a symptom after suffering from anxiety for the past week.
    Appreciate feedback as like someone with health anxiety I feel it could be a tumour (because its painless) or something worse because I have a fear of sudden death.
    Exactly how mine feels - as if it is really heavy yet when laying down it goes away - been anxious for 8 weeks and could take a few weeks to go apparently. :(

Quote Originally Posted by David_mk09 View Post

My head feels like this, not a very painful head ache more of a dull heavy feeling - this has been worse since I start ADs and I'm sure brought on by anxiety. I do get days where don't have but then can last for a couple of days.

This may help (quote from website[if needs to be removed I will]):
    "Tension-type headache pain is often described as a constant pressure, as if the head were being squeezed in a vise. The pain is frequently bilateral which means it is present on both sides of the head at once. Tension-type headache pain is typically mild to moderate, but may be severe.

Various precipitating factors may cause TTH in susceptible individuals.[3] One half of patients with TTH identify stress or hunger as a precipitating factor .
    • Stress - Usually occurs in the afternoon after long stressful work hours or after an exam
    • Sleep deprivation
    • Uncomfortable stressful position and/or bad posture
    • Irregular meal time (hunger)
    • Eyestrain
    • Caffeine withdrawal "
    Last edited by Panic33; 07-10-09 at 17:19.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Where do you feel your headache? Mine is usualy in the middle of my forehead, this is also where I get tingling sensations. Sometime get near temples 2.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information