Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Re: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    Hello
    Went back to gp as antibiotics are not working.. they think it is a kidney stone and I have to have an xray on Saturday (I didn't know they did them on saturdays!)
    Worried.

Painful but nothing to worry about...........get off this board

Well my google addiction is back with a vengeance and I now think I have all manner of things.......What if it is bladder cancer or Kidney cancer. I am now panicing big time x

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    Well my google addiction is back with a vengeance and I now think I have all manner of things.......What if it is bladder cancer or Kidney cancer. I am now panicing big time x
    STOP IT NOW.

Had x ray and am just waiting for results - I am very worried. The pain is bad.

I'm really freaking out now. The pain is bad and I can't cope.... I am so frightened it is something bad. I rang the docs and they still haven't looked at the urine test results. They sent them off last Monday, they have them but they just haven't looked at them, it's stooopid. I am so worried that whatever it is is going to get worse and then I am going to have kidney failure or something....please help me :(

Hi
    I just read your post. I do have a form kidney disease and was diagnosed a few months ago. Please stop worrying so much - there are so many conditions that can affect the kidneys. Dont go thinking of the worst possible outcome. Kidney infections can cause a lot of pain and make you feel very unwell but are easily treated with antibiotics. Kidney stones can be massively painful but again can be treated. I realise it is hard to put into practice sometimes but try hard not to worry about anything until you have had the results. Ring the surgery and ask them to tell you your results over the phone - dont be fobbed off, explain you are worried and want the results. Hopefully everything will get sorted out for you.

Fairy,

If the pain is really bad and you still have blood in your urine (especially if visible), I would go to A & E.

I've had Kidney infections before and they really need to be cleared up quickly, I ignored it for awhile, (worse thing to do) because as time goes by it can cause immense pain.

If it's extremely painful and you feel sick too, please go to A & E.

Otherwise, if you feel the pain's bearable, wait until the morning and demand for some results, a week is the max amount of time to have waited. They should have them by now, it's important that this infection gets cleared up as soon as possible.

I really don't think you should be worrying about Kidney Failure etc,.. it sounds just like an infection, that can easily be sorted with the right treatment.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

Thanks both for your kind words and comments. I have never seen any blood, they just picked it up with the dipstick and the 2nd doc I saw said she didn't think it was an infection as the urine was clear, so that leaves stones and something bad....... I can't stop thinking of bad things xxx

Oh yep, sorry I missed your other post.

If you can bear the pain, call the docs first thing in the morning and ask for the results. Explain you are in pain and you feel worried. They should be able to chase them up, otherwise book an emergency appointment to see your GP, then he/she can chase the results for you.

If you feel you're unable to wait because of the pain, you could call NHS Direct 0845 4647, they'd advise you, also what to take for pain relief for the time being.

Hope you feel better soon xx

I'm scared this is it......... the pain is now both sides, it was just one for the last week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information