Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Re: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Hello
    Back again, panicing again.
    I rang the docs and they still haven't looked at the results. I asked for the doc to ring me, this is just ridiculous. If it is an infection, it will be too late to treat and then I will die, the xray, they said, is normally 10 days, so if a stone is stuck, then I will die as it will be too long to wait

You will not die. Hugs and hugs.

You do need to get it resolved.

I have kidney probs and gettiquite fond of the urology ward at our hospital and although it is agony and makes you feel horrendous you will be fine.

Make an appointment to see the Dr's and take in a wee sample so they can dipstick it. Any traces of blood an protein they can give you anti-b's there and then. Sometimes it is trial and error to get the right ones. Stress how much agony you are in.

The majority of kidney stones pass through themselves. So do drink water/cordial. I drink 2 glasses of lemon barley water a day cos' that helps flush out your system.

Stress the level of pain - they can give you meds to help with the pain.

If it is a stone, how long do they take to pass, it has been going on since for 9 days now....?
    Thanks for your advice, the docs have no appointments left today :(

The docs didn't ring me back with the results.... :(
    I am so worried. I feel awful, sick and it hurts.

God, what eejits. You won't die though - when I had a kidney infection really badly (peeing clots, like a period from the uthethra - absolutely horrendous!) I should have gone to hospital really, but didn't and I survived. Honestly, if it was that bad, you wouldn't be able to type - all I could do was lie in a darkened room. It is horrible though. I would go up to doctor's tomorrow and not leave until you see someone! And think about moving doctor.

Hi
    I mentioned in my previous message that I have kidney problems so I have some experience of what you are going through. Firstly you will not die from kidney stones if it is kidney stones. If it is an infection then kidney infections can be really painful and make you feel very unwell. I would call the doctors in the morning and firmly tell them that you want the results and if you get fobbed off say you are not prepared to wait any longer and you will stay on the phone until they tell you. You should not have to wait this long and in pain too. If things dont improve and you dont feel that your gp is dealing with this as you would like him to, then is there another gp you can make an appt with. If the pain is very bad and you are feeling sick and have a high temperature then I would either call NHS Direct for advice, call the doctor out to visit you or I would go to the A&E dept at your hospital. Kidney stones can be really painful but sometimes they do flush out mostly of their own accord and over time. If they dont flush out then there are other ways of treating them. It is a very common proble,. Drink plenty of fluids. However you do need to have it confirmed that you have kidney stones or not. I always have blood and protein in my urine and got diagnosed with a kidney disorder. It is not life threatening nor ever likely to be. Please dont assume the worst case scenario. I know that is what anxiety does to us but really try hard not to get too negative about it all. I hope you finally get it sorted and begin to feel much better.

Thanks guys. I just feel so desperate and get things out of proportion. I think I will go to the surgery tomorrow and wait till someone sees me.
    Thanks for your support, I do appreciate it.
    Sorry to hear you have both had/have some probs in this area.
    xxxx

OK, so just got back from the docs - urine sample showed no infection, xray showed no kidney stones. So the docs don't know what it is. I am now worried it might be ovarian cancer....that can cause lower abdomen, side and back pain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information