Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Near death experience's

Sarah,

As Twister said in one of her posts - you also notice other people getting agitated/panicky etc I don't know what i could do to help them but it is amazing how many few 'confident' looking people there are on the streets

love
    Lucky

(ps the confident looking people could even be the worst !)

Hi Lucky & Charlie,

I totally relate to what you both were saying before about hiding your true feelings/emotions from others because youre too proud or embarrassed too look weak to others.

I am a private, deep person and I think that is partly to blame for my anxiety. If I was able to discuss things with my freinds and family when I was upset, maybe I wouldnt have built up so much stress and anxiety inside me. I think this has definetly been a contributing factor to my anxiety.

I have had a near death experience...I was in a bad car accident too 3 yrs ago, and 2 wks later I had my 1st panic attack. I was the passenger in the car and what happened was...a friend and I were driving home from work and it was raining heavily. We were turning a very tight corner when the back wheels of the car skided in a puddle and caused the car to spin round on the road. The car then went backwards into a field and because there was a drop from the road to the field the car went upside down...the field was basically a hill so the car turned over about 5 times down the hill until it eventually stopped. I remeber everything that happened that night..what we were talking about, what song was playing on the radio, how I looked at my friend and felt like everything was happening in slow motion. I remember being terrified that the car would blow up (just like in the films) so I had to get out the car. My life just changed so much after that night.

What has been the most difficult of things for me to deal with was how my friend was able just to get back to normal after a week, whereas everything changed for me...I suffered panic attacks and anxiety from that day. I often felt that there was something mentally wrong with me. I found it really difficult to understand why I couldnt just be 'normal' again?

Anyway, sorry for going on a bit...but I guess it is good just to get things off your chest.

Take care

sadie

Hiya Sadie,

Everyone reacts differently to situations it is just a shame that you ended up with panic/anxiety. I think you will come out the other end a stronger person.

Hope posting helped you get it off your chest. I have told you guys things that i wold never tell anyone about I think that is because i am also a private and deep person.
    it is good we have somewhere to 'talk' to people who we consider 'friends' but don't have daily contact with and never seem to judge us or make us feel 'stupid'

Take Care

Love
    Lucky

Hi Sadie

I have often wondered that too! When I do occassionally tell people how I am feeling, the get all shocked and go ooh I never knew YOU were like that. You seem so confident, you can do so many things, I've always admired you.

Its hard though to let go and admit you have a weakness. (or thirty).

Most of the time though (cos I only discuss it with people I trust) it does make me feel better, and makes them more understanding when I say I don't want to go ..... with you. They just know that I'm having a bad day, and not to take it personally!

And always remember Sadie - we are perfectly normal, not mental and just have a physical problem, where our brains don't quite work "right". Like insulin and diabetics!

Take care
    Love

Charlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information