Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 mg diazapam

2 mg diazapam

hi all i have been on diazapam now for a week and a half and i might need these for another 3 weeks untill my antidepressants kick in and work will i be safe to do this as im scared incase i get addicited as im am recovering from aclohol i have been sober now for 3 and a half weeks but this diazapam is really helping get through the day when times are tough ,,,and i am about to start work as i drive a taxi for a living self employed and without these tablets i would not be able to do it ,,as i said i just want to be on these untill my antidepressants (cipralex start to work....

Re: 2 mg diazapam

First of all well done for stopping drinking, that will help with your anxiety as alcohol is well know for causing anxiety and depression.

2mg of diazepam is quite a low dose and can be very helpful whilst waiting for antidepressants to take effect. I am sure that taking a low dose of diazepam for a few weeks will not make you dependent on them. I would try to take them only when really needed and it's probably not a great idea to take them when you are driving.

Good luck with your new job, I really hope that it goes well for you.

take care xxx

Diazepam is highly addictive. I was presribed it for 2 weeks but they kept giving me the pills. After being on that drug for three years I decided to stop it myself. Its hard but just remember - its better than the alcohol! Your long term health is more important than a job. If you need to you could always be on benefits, just until you are off the diazepam and happy with taking the antidepressents.

how can you encourage a person to be on benefits!! the guy has done amazing for kicking the alcohol, wants to get off his backside and earn a living,is taking an absolute tiny dose of valium and u will never get addicted on that sm dose butchville.and your gp should help you with more if u ask for them if the A/D havent quite kicked in enough.

in my opinion once on benefits you lose the fight to want to get better,and this surely cannot be encouraged?

Hiya, best advise is to gauge how they affect you before you drive...personally im pretty out of it when i take them but i do take 5mg three times a day rather than 2mg's.

Congrats on kicking the alcohol, its an extremely difficult thing to do I understand where you are coming from, I myself have a very 'addictive' personality and have kicked smoking recently and another addiction previously. With the dose of diazepam you are on and the duration you wont become 'physically' addicted, The only issue is (and one that i have...but ive been on them for 2 months) is developing a psycological need or want for them....but if you have the willpower to say to yourself 'i only need these till the other tablets work' there should be no problem at all

Pete69,

Nobody is encouraging anyone to be on benefits, I really don't know where you got that idea from?

We are trying to support Butchville on his road to recovery, he has done very well and can only be applauded for what he has achieved so far.

I suggested it might not be a great idea to take Diazepam while he was driving as even 2mg can effect everybody differently. It clearly states on the bottle "This may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcohol."

Yeah, definately don't drive if affected by the drowsieness thing!!!! i didn't mean to sound like i was condoning it, meant to say make sure definately not affected by it before driving!

sunshine-lady,
    i was referring to southeastuks reply,"you could always go on benefits"
    reading back on it now i can see they was only offering a suggestion and yes sometimes getting better and our health is the first n foremost thing to address.so being on benefits for a while till meds kick in may be an answer.
    trouble is they dont just hand em out when you want em do they,see a incapacity dr wait 4 weeks for a reply-in that time your A/D could of kicked in and you want to work anyway..cant win

Hello,
    I take 2mg of Diazepam as and when I need it, I find this dosage is just enough, and doesn't affect my ability to do things or make me drowsy, my doctor has recommended I stay on these instead of a long term medication, as I have another medical condition which they feel would be compromised by anti-anxiety meds, I have been taking them for about 5 months with no addictive side effects, but like I said i do only take them on an as-and-when basis.

hi there thanks for your support guys yeh i am only taking them as and when i need them ..i feel worst in the morning so i take one then to calm me down before i go to work ,,on the packet it says take 1,,,,3 times a day ,,i have been on them now for 2 weeks and out of the 2 weeks i have only taken 3 3 times and other days 2 ,,,,i am now taking cipralex and just upped my dose to 15 mg a day and have just upped that dose this morning..if i have a really bad panic attack i take 2 diazapam withinn 3 hours and it does not make me feel drowsy at all ,,i just wish these anti depreassants would hurry up...,,cheers all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information