Thread: 5-HTP

5-HTP

Hiya

After reading through all of the threads on 5-HTP I have decided that I am going to try it out. I went on the Holland & Barrett website and 120 are down to £5-that looks like a pretty good offer to me.
    I noticed that the website contained no info about how often you have to take it and side effects etc which I found a bit worrying! Does anyone know if I get this when the order comes through or do they just assume you know how to take it etc!?
    I can't find any info to say whether it is safe to take 5-HTP and the pill, does anyone know the answer to this?
    I find all of this pretty confusing at the moment as people seem to save different things but overall the comments about taking it seem to be quite positive so I am going to give it a go!

Kelly xx

Re: 5-HTP

Hi

I'm thinking of taking 5 HTP too. I looked at this site www.5-htp.org.uk/ and they say that there are side effects but they are less likely than with anti depressants and only really seem to occur if you take more than 100mg doses.

They also say to make sure you are supervised by your doctor and that the best dose is usually 50mg to be taken half an hour before bedtime because it can make you drowsy. Take a look at the website anyway and see what you think.

I hope this is still useful to you.

Good luck with it and let me know how it works for you if you remember.
    Nic

U can take between 100-300mg a day hun

It does say on there! I used to take 100mg in the morn & 100mg at night...i found it amazing xx

I had the Holland and Barrett one for my anxiety and depression. It comes with instructions on the packaging, they just don't put it on the site always. It did nothing at all for me and I stopped taking it after reading the dangers of it. It does have some good results for some people though so I really hope it works for you

Thread Information