Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday in Egypt

Holiday in Egypt

I have just been listening to the news and the terrible deaths of so many people in Sharmel Sheikh in Egypt.
    I am due to go there on 11th August and have tickets etc but obviously now I am petrified.
    Flying is an issue in itself with me, not sure what to do. Just needed to post ,hope nobody minds, but I am alone at home , thanks guys Love Alexis,xx

Hi Alexis,

All of these terrible happenings at the moment are indeed very worrying, and not just to us natural worriers.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to contact your travel agent to get their latest information about travelling to Egypt. I'm sure that you wont be the only passenger with concerns.

Sorry this may not have been very helpful.

Kate x

Hi Kate, missing you in pub,of course its helpful, thanks for reply, nobody can say what to do I realise but its great to be able to write somewhere when you are worried and hopefully stop another fullblown panic coming.
    thanks Kate, love Alexis,xx

I'm going to Egypt on holiday on August. I'm well scared :(

x X xJade Loves Mike 4Eva x X x

hi Alexis,

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to these questions. It really is scary with all the things that are happening at the moment..as with London though, people need to just get on with their lives (says me who probably won't get on a tube again)..like Kate says, speak to the travel ageny and see what they say..I'm sure you'll have a terrific time and be fine when you're there..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Jade, where and when are you going?
    Sarah, we go this afternoon as they rung yesterday to say tickets were in, if we were going to London I would still go, but leaveing the country and watching it on TV is slightly different I feel. In London you can get train home if things go wrong, In Egypt it would take a bit more planning, Thanks guys Love Alexis,xxx

I'm going to Taba on 20th August for a week.

x X xJade Loves Mike 4Eva x X x

My advice is to not to make a hasty decision over this. I can really understand your concerns as I cancelled my trip to Boston which I was due to make at the end of September 2001.

Maybe by the middle of the week, you'll feel slightly more relaxed and things will be clearer.

I heard on the radio just now that they are offering refunds/change of destinations to those planning a trip there only as far as monday.

Also be aware, these bombings were aimed to take place on Egypt's National Holiday so hopefully it will be safe in two weeks time.

I do realise its awful thing to have to face, but at the end of the day I just want you to have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday somewhere - that's the bottom line in my view.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Jade,

We went to Taba in January and had a truly great time. Apart from the hotels there is nothing there though but there are 3 hotels in a row on the seafront.

The snorkelling is brilliant off the jetty of the Hyatt. Which hotel are you going to ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Alexis

Personally I would change the holiday destination unless of course you really wanted to go to Egypt. I am sure the travel agent would offer to do that if you were really worried.

Just a thought anyway.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information