Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday in Egypt

Hi Gang, I did want to go to Egypt really because its just that bit different I thought and it was supposed to be an early silver wedding celebration.
    Still no nearer deciding what we are going to do but if we want to change we have to pay £15 per person for every change we make, eg, £15 resort £15 flight, airport, date etc, so it would probably be cheaper
    to loose money and save again, we have to do this by Wednesday,Im not too happy with this really because if we do go and the damage is near us we will have to see it and think of lives lost etc, not much of a holiday.
    I have tried to find out on the intenet how near our hotel is to the bombs and I think its about 2 miles, the travel agents dont know!!!!
    I am away from Monday until Wednesday too so the decision is going to have to be made quick.
    We have not checked insurance details yet but I wondered if we would get a different holiday with no extra cost if I got a Drs note., after all it will raise anyones anxiety levels never mind us sufferers ?
    Thanks Alexis,xx

Oh Alexis, I can so sympathise with you, it is such a hard decision to have to make.

Just go with whatever you and your family feel most comfortable with, there is no right or wrong decision in these circumstances.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Love Kate x

I know and we dont know, luckily there is only hubby and I going but usually he knows and I would say you decide but this time we really dont know and absolutely nobody can tell us, aaaaaagggggggggh

Alexis,

I guess it's all about weighing up the facts. It's unlikely to happen while you are there, it's unlikely that if it did happen again that you would be exactly at the place where it is happening. BUT, and this is the biggest thing, will the worry and uneasiness about it happening totally take away any enjoyment of the holiday? If you believe it will then you may be better to either change your holiday location or postpone the holiday until the dust has settled so to speak.

Don't know if this is at all helpful LOL just wanted to tell you that I really sympathise with you on the decision that you have to make.

Love Kate x

Hi Kate of course you help, thank you ,anybody who is kind enough to read and reply helps, As the day goes on I am less worried about it because I know anything could happen anywhere, but I dont want to have to see it, The devastation and destruction which has already occured, I hope that doesnt sound selfish. Thanks will let you know what goes on, Love Alexis,xx

Hi Alexis

Think Kates last post summed it up for me.

Have you come to any decision yet?

Love Piglet

Hi Piglet, my hubby still in bed, (he works shifts as well as lazy) lol, so not discussed it yet but I was thinking Im sure we will be ok when a friend has just rung and said have you seen the site of the bombing.......... doubts multiplied again, thanks pig, love Alexis,

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Jade,

We went to Taba in January and had a truly great time. Apart from the hotels there is nothing there though but there are 3 hotels in a row on the seafront.

The snorkelling is brilliant off the jetty of the Hyatt. Which hotel are you going to ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 23 July 2005 : 13:02:43</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Im going to the Sonesta Beach Resort Taba. |Have you been there before? What is it like in Taba?

x X xJade Loves Mike 4Eva x X x

Hi Alexis

As piglet has said, Kates last post says it all and also as you say these days something like that can happen anywhere

lots of love

MANDIE XX

Just a quick update, I think we are cancelling our holiday, will let you know more when definite but it worries me to see what has happened there and I could not rest in a plce full of such sadness. Will keep you updated, thanks to everybody who has replied and supported me, love Alexis,xxx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information