Thread: Hey

Hey

Bit nervous about talking about my Anxiety but here goes anyway.....
    I`m 33, single parent and have been suffering from Anxiety for about 3 months. I`ve been reading this site for a while now and thought it was about time i joined up. I get Anxious about everything! I`m convinced i`m going to keel over with a Heart Attack at any moment (ridiculous i know). I get a lot of palpitations which i think is what`s making me convinced i`ve got heart disease lol.
    I`m booked in for CBT this month and a bit worried about what to expect because I don`t really like talking about things but i`m gonna give it a try.
    At the moment my Anxiety seems to have taken over and i dont get a break from it at all. It`s really getting me down and i`m starting to think that the whole thing is making me depressed. I just wish it would go away!
    Anway, it`s nice to meet you all xxx

Re: Hey

Hi Sky, i'm Julie and i am 33 too! I have 2 children, girl 9 and boy 7. I have suffered from Health Anxiety since I was a child. How long have you suffered with your anxiety? I am sure you will find lots of support here and reassurance with your symptoms x x x

HI Indigo Nice to meet you. I`ve only suffered badly for about 3 motnhs but i had an episode when i was 18, i was constantly feeling my pulse and didnt want to be left alone in case i collapsed so i suppose its been there for many years if i`m honest.
    It looks like a great site! it`s so good to know that there are many people in the same situation. Very reassuring.

skye33. There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover.Glad you have found us.

Veronica

Hi Sky and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome I`ll definately try that book! I`ve got to the point where i`ll try anything lol.

Hi Sky,

to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and you will make some good friends here to help you along your journey to recovery.

Lynnann

Hi there and to the site, you'll get a lot of good advice on here which will really help , take care xx

Hi Sky,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thread Information