Thread: Cervical Polyp

Cervical Polyp

Has anyone had one of these?

I really wasn't concerned about it when the nurse found one at my smear last week, but since then a female in my family has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, she is my age (30) and I was reading the paper today and there was a story about a woman who had an anal polyp which was cancerous, it was only the size of a pea like mine.

With all this in the news about Jade Goody, its hard not to feel abit unnerved when things like this are found inside your own body. I am hoping my smear results are ok too. I guess it will be a while until those results are back. My GP has refered me to have the polyp removed.

Re: Cervical Polyp

I have had a polyp removed by the gynae surgeon. It was along time ago and can't remember much but it wasn't traumatic or anything like that...can't have been as I can't remember!! He did it in the day clinic and I drove home..had some painkillers and it was all over. I don't read newspapers 'cos if it makes the press it is probably unusual.....I am sure you will be fine and try not to worry. XXXX

Lots of polyps are harlmess hun... Try not to worry. The doctors will make sure it is removed and checked.

Hugs,
    Lola

Thank you both for your replies.

I am a bit concerned as my nurse said I had a polyp when I had a smear test a few months ago but didn't suggest I have it removed. Smear test came back ok, but most other people I have come across have been refered to have them removed. Should I see my doctor?

I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD I HAVE A CERVICAL POLYP.WAITING FOR APPOINTMENT WITH GYNO FOR WOMB SCAN. IN SHOCK AND VERY ANXIOUS. HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN APPOINTMENT I know it will be about 2 weeks for my smear results. any advice why im waiting . no one has mentioned removal will that come with the appointment

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Thread Information