Thread: periods

Unhappy periods

me again lol...

i have problems with my periods, they used to be regular but last 3-4 years they have been awful.. one year i had 2 periods total.

so far this year ive had 1 in january.. im not on the pill and its hard as me and my partner have been trying for a baby for over 5 years.

i know i should go to the doctors but due to my phobia of them its not that easy and i suffer agoraphobia to a degree.

so does anyone have any suggestions of what it could be as i am paranoid im having an early menopause or cancer in me or something... one of my worst fears is im infertile.

Re: periods

i feel your fears. since the first period i've had in my life, i've always been irregular. last year i had a pelvic ultrasound and a thyroid test and those were all normal. i thought i had PCOS since I had some of the symptoms but it wasnt that. i went on the combined pill as my doc recommended it for 4 months. that was 4 regular periods. when i stopped it i had 3 more regular periods...but since then it's been a guess as to when my period will come.

one of my own fears is being infertile as well...but i doubt that's the case with you or me. Please go to the doctor. He might suggest a medicine to get your periods regular and to help get you pregnant. Also, after you're evaluated and you still aren't conceiving- have your husband get checked out too.

Don't worry...you don't have menopause or cancer. Irregular periods are not a sign of those things.

Re: periods

thanks... i`d go doctors like any normal person but not as easy as that :(

Thread Information