Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this common??

Is this common??

I need some advice i have said before im only 19 and this scares me to think i might have this for the rest off my life. When im a sleep at night im fine. Its when im awake i am the nervous all the time stomach hurts head hurts. Worry bout my throat just totally scared of it all. If i do excercise my throat seems to feel up with like a sulvia or cartagh and i can't swallow im always trying to clear my throat and it feels like i can't clear it. Its making me really tired. I don't wanna have to live me whole life in fear i just don't know what to do.

hi pug

This is all common with anxiety,it is scary but don't worry to much its not harmful it will get better. I had the throat problem but the thing with me was constantly swallowing it wudn't stop, its calmed down alot now. Don't let it get u down to much it will take over your life i made sure it wudn't.

Hope u will get better soon.

take care
    linda xx

Very common - you really have nothing to worry about

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

[quote]hi pug

This is all common with anxiety,it is scary but don't worry to much its not harmful it will get better. I had the throat problem but the thing with me was constantly swallowing it wudn't stop, its calmed down alot now. Don't let it get u down to much it will take over your life i made sure it wudn't.

Hope u will get better soon.

take care
    linda xx

Thanks for all ur responces its wired in the week im always worring bout my throat. but at weekends and evening is the time it feels so difficult to swallow. Its strange i was driving home on A12 friday night and all the traffic stoped and i stated to panic an felt i couldn't escape i started shaking like mad for a bit and awful panic attack. I only get the shakes when im on the motorway. When im at home it just feels like i cant swallow. Its just quite scary

hi there,
    sounds like your throat muscles are hugely tensed up. lots of us here suffer from this - i find the only way to ease it is to really try and relax, and to stop thinking about it. this is obviously harder than it sounds, and next to impossible when you are stuck on a motorway.
    try not to be scared - your symptoms are quite common.
    let us know how you are getting on
    henri x
    ps hot drinks and sparkling water always help me deal with the catarrh.

Hi Pug

It sounds to me that when you are awake you are totally uptight but you can relax when you are asleep which is a good thing. It will take time but you will get through this and we are all here to help you through it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

I know exactly what you mean. I've been up all night with this stupid feeling of something stuck in my throat. It is very common and I know I'll be fine but my overactive imagination keeping whispering to me that maybe it's asthma or I have something wrong in there that is causing it. But rationally I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me.
    You are definitely not alone in feeling this way and we are all here to help each other through these feelings. If you ever need to chat someone is usually here and any one of us would be willing to help you through this.
    I've found that it doesn't bother me if I keep busy until the feeling subsides. Do anything to keep your mind off of it and you will notice that it doesn't bother you as much when you're not focused on it.
    looking forward to seeing you in chat,
    eeyorelover

I know how you feel, I'm only 19 and keep hoping it'll go away. I know that isn't gona happen so I just try to cope with it in different ways such as relaxation c.d's, breathing and rescue remedy if I'm having a really bad time. Just try and control it, take things slowly and gradually try to change your habits and control your feelings. Good luck and pm me if you wana talk

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

Hi hun how are you feeling today?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information