Thread: really worried, worst thing every about to happen for a HA sufferer

really worried, worst thing every about to happen for a HA sufferer

I'm applying to a university in malaysia. previously i was admitted to the american university of rome but i couldnt go because it's too expensive. this malaysian university requires all international applicants to under go a health examination. Oh NOOOOOOOOO....the form is like 4 pages guys, thhe 1st 2 pages are for me, the last is for my uncle...who is my doctor. I'm not worried about him examining me. I know that will come out fine. It's just like BP, eyes, ears, nodes etc.

But page 2 is what im freaking out over. I just finished having a panic attack...my 1st since last year! i have to undergo a chest x-ray, something i've never had. a urine test for various conditions i dont know or understand, a test for HIV, a Hepatitis B &C test. UGH. I already went for a Hep B C test last year, it was negative and i cant use it cuz it wasnt recent enough.

im so scared. what will the chest x ray show? what if it shows something wrong with my chest. does it show the heart? IM so scared...what if im going through this routine thing and something comes up which stops me from going to this university...and the urine tests, what does urine usually test for? can it show cancer or anything horrible?

im so so scared guys. i need your support.

Re: really worried, worst thing every about to happen for a HA sufferer

oh please don't worry it's going to be fine! a couple years ago i kept coughing (a combo of anxiety and acid reflux) and my GP told me i was fine but i wouldn't listen - so she was like ok fine, im sending you for a chest xray. it was the middle of the work day and she made me walk to the hospital down the street where she ordered an xray and told me they would look at it right there and give me the results right away (or at least if it was anything to worry about they would say something right away). i was TERRIFIED - like how can you just make me walk down and get an xray, just like that? and she said if i was so worried it would put my mind at ease. so i went .. it took 5 seconds to do the xray. but while waiting for the radiologist to look at my films i almost passed out i was so sure they would find something bad. then they just gave me my folder wordlessly and told me my doc would be in touch - i guessed nothing was wrong otherwise they would have said but i was still nervous. so i kept calling my doc over the weekend until she called me back from her beachhouse to tell me, of course everything was fine, normal, no problems. i felt SO much better after that and now i cough less simply because when i do cough, it doesn't bother me. honestly im so happy she made me do it. all will be well!!

If an x-ray shows something wrong with your chest, it's a GOOD thing, cos then you can get it treated!

An x-ray is a simple everyday procedure with very little risk: you are exposed to a small amount of radiation. The procedure is very quick and is totally painless -- you won't feel anything at all. The x-ray will show your bone structure.

A urine test is quick and easy. You drink some water, then you are given a small plastic container, take it to the toilet and fill it with urine -- then you just give the container to the doctor. He or she will probably use a "dipstick" which they dip in the urine to check if there are any protein and other substances that shouldn't be there. They might want to send the urine off for further analysis under a microscope. Imagine doing that for a living.

The only thing you've got to worry about is filling those forms in -- they sound like a nightmare

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I'm so worried. They check albumin levels, test for cannabis, amphetamines, steroids, morphine. I'm worried something is gonna come out wrong and not only will my health anxiety reaach a new level (not like it isn't already really high), but I won't get to go to that university and I'll get rejected. They'll think I'm unhealthy.
    Last edited by yanksforever; 05-03-09 at 14:51.

Thread Information