Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: depersonalization

depersonalization

hi, will do a proper intro later on as not got time at the mo, but one thing I have read on one site is that has kind of freaked me out is that "Depersonalization can potentially accompany many, if not all, mental illnesses" is this true, please someone give me some words of comfort from this?

thanks

Hi 777 and welcome aboard.

It is true that it can and quite a few of us have had it at one time or another.

What is it that worries you about it?

Not everyone gets it - some get it more than others. People are all different I guess.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Depersonalization doesnt worry me as we can beat this but what scares me is that it can lead to a mental illness, I dont want to lose my mind, I am frightened by this especially, recently finding out hat was wrong with me ie Depersonalization. Just looking for some words of comfort that may help.

I have had it loads of times its horrible especially when in a car or out somewhere but it cant harm you and if you just accept it, it will soon pass

Luv Barb xxx

Oh sorry I misread what you were asking.

What I meant was that depersonalization is usually a symptom of other illnesses like stress, anxiety, panic etc. So in that case you already have the mental illness in a way.

I have never know it to send anyone "mad" if that is what you mean.

I assume you must have anxiety or panic or something similar as it is?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

No, depersonalisation does not lead to maddness so don't worry...

Welcome aboard 777

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

more stress related than anything i used to be fine but depersonalization described what I have been going through recently it hit the nail on the head, though it is not major for me I still suffer from it. Thankyou all for your words much apprecited, I get scared sometimes that I ay forget where I live, goldfish bowl etc I know "meg" on here had the same problem and she used to wear labels as I read on her thread now she is cured which is great to read. I am not forgetting which was good to read also.

Hi 777

Usually depersonalization comes as a result of your brain being so overwhelmed with anxiety, panic or worry that it goes into self preservation mode = depersonalization .

When it happens to some people they don't understand what it is thats hapening to them and think its the road towards madness - like I did. As I improved it went and that was years now

D/Personalisation
    derealisation/depersonlisation
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Disassociation
    when will this feeling leave?
    FEELING SPACED!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi 777

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi 777

Usually depersonalization comes as a result of your brain being so overwhelmed with anxiety, panic or worry that it goes into self preservation mode = depersonalization .

When it happens to some people they don't understand what it is thats hapening to them and think its the road towards madness - like I did. As I improved it went and that was years now

D/Personalisation
    derealisation/depersonlisation
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Disassociation
    when will this feeling leave?
    FEELING SPACED!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 25 July 2005 : 20:55:04</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Meg (and Karen),

Meg how did you beat it, can you give me some advice?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information