Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any relationship ocd sufferers?

Any relationship ocd sufferers?

hi i am a sufferer of relationship ocd, i was just interested in meeting people in the same boat as me, as it is always good to know that you are not alone in the ocd world
    what sort of symptoms do you all get? xxx

Re: Any relationship ocd sufferers?

yes me!i have it realy realy bad. Have to ask questions over and over and over.Alot of "what if" questions and the only way to get it out of my mind is after i ask him. If hes not with me at the time i write the question in my phone and end up with a massive list. Im on medication but seem to be helping much at all.

i do the exact same thing!!!! i can use up to seven sms pages just writing questions!! what sorta things do you what if? and what kind of worries do you have?
    how long ave you been on meds and how many mg?
    i found 20mg of fluoxetine helped depression but not the anxiety , im now on 40mg!
    x

r u serious,u realy do the same?!wow.i sumtimes use so many pages(like 15) that my phone wont take anymore!i call them "my notes".my questions can be anything from "what wld o do if....?" to "do u tel me evrything id wana know?" and even things that i sed or did that day.just absolutely everything. i ask the same questions over and over to.im currently on 50mg of citalopram but doesnt seem to be helping.What questions do u ask?Are they questions just to your partner or to friends etc too?

mainly just to my partner.... its things like, if i was dying and needed a kidney would you give it to me!
    i also have a lot of thoughts about whether or not i really am in love with my partner or is he the one for me. and do i really enjoy his company! its horrible!

hi guys,
    iv bin with my fiance for over a year now, he has ocd really bad and is on medication for it, but i have been looking into ocd abit further as over the last 4 months i have been finding it extremely hard to cope with as the questions about my past relationships etc are getting really bad that they are turning into huge arguments! he wont stop with the questions and need to know every little detail or we could be up all night and if i answer one question wrong i am called a liar etc, how can i help him to overcome this, i love him sooo much and i really want to get us through this but i dont know how, when he is asking the questions he is convinced that it isnt ocd but a few hours later or the next day he will apologise for it admitting that it is ocd!! what would you like a partner to do for you to help you? or shall we just carry one like we are? please can u help! x

hi baby girl. I do exactly the same thing,ask questions ova n ova,especially about his past etc. It's not a trust issue it's just that the anxiety wont go away until i get an answer. That's why i keep asking because when i get the answer straight away my anxiety is gone,for a little while anyway until another question pops into my head. My psychiatrist gives me "homework" to do such as im only allowed to ask the question once etc and every time i see him the homework gets harder n harder. I suggest that u go see a psychiatrist with him so that he can explain it all to u properly. The endless questions aren't going to go away if u keep answering them. Maybe ask ur partner to give CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) a go. That's what I'm going to do to help me. Goodluck. If u want come talk to me about it on the chat on here. xxx

oh my god thank u soo much for replying, i really appreciate it, i thought i was going mad. For a while i thought if i just answer them then it would go away but its just getting so much worse! im am going to talk to him about it and see how we get on. thank u. xx

I struggle with it everyday, but I know ultimately I would be lost without my boyfriend! He is my first love and we've been together for three years. I honestly can not see myself without him, and even though the "you don't love him" intrusive thoughts come in, it has become a lot easier to shut them off and enjoy my time with him. It has been hard but I think I'm pretty much over my relationship OCD, but I do empathize.

"When the rain is blowing in your face,
    and the whole world is on your case.
    I would offer you a warm embrace...
    To make you feel my love"

Hey Oranges... Well done.. Sounds like you're beating it ...

I dont want to talk to soon lol but i think I am too.. theres still a few wrinkles here and there that need to be ironed out on both my side and his but for the larger part I do feel much more confident and empowered against those horrible intrussive thoughts... Its destroyed so much of my life although i do not resent it as without it i wouldnt be where i am now or met my gorgeous man it did cause some very hard times in my past...

I still have struggles but i seem to be getting better at rationalising and stopping them in their tracks...

I hope others will find comfort in the knowledge that they are not alone and that it can be overcome!!

Peace and hugs to everyone.

X

You can not know true happiness untill you have experienced deep sorrow.

Live each day like the first and the last, don't look to the future or fret for the past, take just a step and never look back, love what you have hate not what you lack. You are divine, unique and blessed, you are the subject and life is the test. Know you will fare all weathers and trials, but for now, just sit back and relax for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information