Thread: University Interview

University Interview

hey, i have just been invited to attend an university interview and i'm really starting to freak out about it. i'm starting to think that aplying was a bad idea and i can't face it. i have social anxiety and hardly talk so how the hell can i get through this interview process, i have so much preparation to do and the interview is in less than 2 weeks. any advice for me? can anyone relate? i'm so nervous.
    please reply
    Love Louise

Re: University Interview

Hi Louise,

Firstly congratulations on getting an interview - thats really positive and something to give you confidence!
    I am at university at the moment, i often find the thought of going to lectures terrifying but actually once i get there they are generally ok. Also i had to give a presentation in one class and i was about to pull out the day before - but i didnt and i managed to do the presentation in front of a lot of people even though i was hiding some awful symptoms of panic (dizziness etc)
    What im saying is, just have that tiny bit of confidence to go in there and do the interview-worst case scenario is that you have a PA or cant speak in there, but at least you know you tried, and really thats all you should ask of yourself! Generally things turn out better than you expect in my experience anyway!
    Good luck in it

Lucy x x x

Hey,

Well done on the interview! I've just been for one to do a midwifery degree - what are you doing?

I went on my own, but everyone else took someone with them, but the end of the day I was really proud I had managed to go on my own and not freaked out!
    You need to remember that the reason you got the interview is because the university thought you did a really good application and they want to meet you. Its as much for you to question them about why you should go to their uni as it is for them to figure if you are right for the course. They dont like interviewing either - they arent out to get you!

My solution for this nerves problem was to go into the interview and explain to them that I was nervous and how much getting on the course meant to me, so I was feeling a bit anxious. In the end we all had a laugh about it and that eased the tension

You could take some rescue remedy with you, and a friend or family member if you think that would help
    Message me if you like!

Gem xx

Well done for getting the interview

Ive had around 3 now for different Universities and they've all gone great. Usually theres loads of people there on the same day as me and the lecturer's always have a joke saying why do we all look nervous for lol. The interviews are nothing compared to a job interview they just ask you what you wish to get out of the course and explain in more detail to you about the course. Their not trying to catch you out with unexpected questions or anything. I find its more of a chance for you to ask them questions. Have fun and get the most out of it

I had a not so good interview recently where the man interviewing me was a originaly from Germany and I dont think he could even understand proper English, Dont ask what he was doing as a teacher I dont know lol. Id say something and he wouldn't even nod his head to acknowledge me or show any form of understanding to what I just said, Was really awkward lol.

Im sure yours will go much better though.
    Good luck

hey, thanks for all the advice guys, i feel a bit more confident about still really nervous though lol. it's to get onto a scriptwriting course, so i have to write some scripts in less than 2 weeks to make a portfolio which i'm really nervous about showing them.

Thread Information