Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant urinal track infection

Red face Constant urinal track infection

Hello everyone!

A couple of months ago I had what I think it was a bladder infection, I couldn't leave the toilet and it was painful. The day after it was better, and then it just disappeared so I didn't go to the doctor. But from that day I kept having these cramps down there, and I think they come from my bladder or somewhere there. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and he checked my urine and he said that I have an infection so he sent the sample to the lab so they could tell us what kind of infection (the results are not back yet). He then prescribed me antibiotics, but after the cure I'm still having the cramps.
    Has any of you had the same experience? Infections that never go away? I'm quite concerned..

Re: Constant urinal track infection

Hi there,

How long has it been since you finished the anti bs? it may be that you need a different kind as different infections respond different to certain kinds. I would get yourself back to him plus just remember that sometimes things can just be awkward to clear up, remember to drink plenty of cranberry juice i find that helps to flush the system as well, im sure it will be fine , hope things start to get better soon xx

Hi Kitty, thanx for ur reply.
    I finished the antibiotics 3 days ago, it was a 5 days cure.
    I'm going again next week and he's gonna give the lab's results and hopefully he will know how to cure it. I feel really uncomfortable and I'm worried that the infection my spread into my kidneys. I hope everything's gonna be ok.
    Thanx!

I'm sure it will be , he will prob just give you more anti b if its not completely cleared, let us know how you get on though , take care xx

Hope your better soon hun, but like kittykat says one of the best remedies is drink plenty of cranberry juice and natural yogurt.
    Take care and best of luck
    xxx

Hi there
    I had something similar recently. Is it painful when you are actually going to the toilet? Where is the pain? Think going back to gp is best advice for you. Be specific with him about your symptoms. It might just be an infection that's taking a while to shift I guess but he may need to explore for something else I guess?
    x

Quote Originally Posted by befuddled1 View Post
    Hi there
    I had something similar recently. Is it painful when you are actually going to the toilet? Where is the pain? Think going back to gp is best advice for you. Be specific with him about your symptoms. It might just be an infection that's taking a while to shift I guess but he may need to explore for something else I guess?
    x
    No, I don't feel pain when I pee, I did though when the infection started a couple of months ago. Now I don't feel any pain, but when my bladder is full I'm really really really aware of it, and I need to empty it straight away. I don't know exactly where I feel the cramps, somewhere in my uterus.

I've been drinking lots and lots of water, and cranberry juice but the cramps are still there.

Do you have my same symptoms?

Hi pfm
    No my symptoms were not the same after all. I was told I had a uti but never had any pain when I peed which indicated that it was not one, so I was just checking that out. It sounds like maybe yours started off as a uti from what you said but I don't know much about these things at all. I think seeing your gp is a good idea at least because this is obviously worrying you. Sorry I couldn't be much help after all!
    Hope you work it out soon.
    Befuddled x

Quote Originally Posted by befuddled1 View Post
    Hi pfm
    No my symptoms were not the same after all. I was told I had a uti but never had any pain when I peed which indicated that it was not one, so I was just checking that out. It sounds like maybe yours started off as a uti from what you said but I don't know much about these things at all. I think seeing your gp is a good idea at least because this is obviously worrying you. Sorry I couldn't be much help after all!
    Hope you work it out soon.
    Befuddled x
    Thanx anyway , I'll let you know what the doctor says.
    Have a gorgeous evening!

I've been to the doctor today, he told me that at the lab they didn't found any infection in my urine but then he checked another urine sample that I brought him and he said that there are white cells in it. It looked like an infection to him, so he sent another urine sample to the lab just in case they missed something.

I AM FREAKING OUT!!! I mean, I have an infection, I don't have an infection? What's going on??

Now my bum kind of hurts, and I thought 'maybe whatever I have in my urinal track spreaded into my backside!'
    Gosh, I really don't know what to do!

The doctor's gonna call me in a week telling me if the results are still negative or if they found something this time. If they're negative I'll need to do a scan. I'm worried as hell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information