Thread: Explain the Pressure in your upper abs/chest area???

Explain the Pressure in your upper abs/chest area???

I've been searching (not googling) on this site and found a few of you have or have had symptoms similar to mine and anyone that knows me knows that i NEED some reassurance about my symptoms. I just started getting this pressure this morning, its alot of pressure in the middle of my chest/abs, the reason i say "chest/abs" is cuz i don't really know what it is there, ya know how your ribs go up and make kinda like a V between your breasts,,,well right in that V is where the pressure is (i hope that made sense ) It is Really alot of pressure which is causing me to think "heart attack" but i'm not sure, i've never known anyone that has had a heart attack but i've googled heart attack (i know,, i can be STUPID) and it seems women have different symptoms then men when it comes to heart attack, unfortunately women's symptoms aren't as harsh and are harder to detect lucky us. I didn't read the whole article cuz it got me more scared but how long does it take to have a heart attack? Really, i'm curious and would love for someone to tell me, my husband says it can't go on for days but others tell me it can, so can it go on for days, does it happen quickly, how much pressure is enough to make you go to the ER, If i had a clinic to go to right now i'd go but my dr can't get me in right now and the ER is not easy to just go in and get checked, Especially if you don't have insurance, last time i went to the ER without ins they made me wait 4 hrs then when the dr came in he was there for 2 min (maybe) and sent me on my way, no tests or nothing and it still cost me $2500 so i'd rather not go that way unless i really NEED to. Anyhow this post has turned out to be longer than i had planned so i'll be done Thanks

The more i think about it the more i realize thats my chest not my abs at all,,,sorry, had to correct that, i feel stupid now
    Last edited by panicagain; 06-03-09 at 19:51.

Re: Explain the Pressure in your upper abs/chest area???

Don't worry, I get that most of the time. With me, that 'pressure' feeling starts off in th centre then moves over either to the left or the right, at the bottom of my ribs. HATE IT!!

Thread Information