Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazzie in Hospital

Thumbs down Kazzie in Hospital

You'll have noticed Kazzie, chat room moderator here at NMP, has been AWOL for a while.

Last time I spoke with Kazzie she was at home recovering from pneumonia having not long been discharged from Hospital. She was very weak, understandably, but threatening to go back to work.

Tonight I sent a text message asking how she was and received a call from her better-half Roger, explaining he was with Kazzie in Hospital.

She has liver failure and has been told 'no more alcohol for life'. Moreover, had she not gone into hospital when she did, her life expectancy was considered to be just a couple of weeks. That's what you call a very close shave!

The visiting hours are strict so she feels quite isolated. She has a little radio apparently, but I can't see that keeping her amused for long. We'll have to have a NMP meet-up in her ward.

Roger says she is somewhat jaundice and will need to regain strength in her legs before she's allowed home, but that she's 'ok' otherwise. I managed to hear her prompting in the background, as she usually does. It takes a lot to keep her quiet!

She wanted me to post a message here to let everyone know what's going on and the reason for her absence. I'm sure you'll join me in wishing the old dear a speedy recovery.

I'll work out a way of getting your messages to her and keep you informed of her progress.

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Re: Kazzie in Hospital

Gary

Thankyou so much for letting us know about Kazz, sorry to hear she is unwell.

Please give her my best wishes and tell her i hope she makes a speedy recovery. Shes a great gal and i know she will be missed by all here.

GET WELL SOON KAZZ!

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Gary
    Please tell Kazzie to get well soon and that im thinking of her. Thank you
    Anne xx

Thank you for letting us know Gary poor Kazzie I was wondering where she had got to.

Please give her my love and wish her a speedy recovery. Tell her I shall be thinking of her.

Carol xxx

Im sorry to hear kazzies been so ill, i had wondered why she hadnt been posting lately.
    Please pass my get well wishes on to her and hope she has a full speedy recovery.
    Take care
    xxx

Gary

Thanks for letting us know. I know how much fun hospitals are - NOT!!!

Perhaps we can send her some stuff to her home and Roger can take it in for us.

If you speak to them again send her my best and loads of

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Gary

Thankyou so much for letting us know.

This is terrible news!! Poor Kaz!!

Please tell her we send our love and very best wishes.

Kazz thinking about you huni and stay strong!!

Loads of love mate
    Lisa
    xxxxxxx

Gary, give her my best wishes mate

I'm really sorry to hear this, particularly as Kazzie has had a rough time in hospital previously.
    Please send her lots of love and tell her to stay where she is this time until she is well enough to come out.
    I'm sure she knows she can count on our support with the "no alcohol" rule as well, not easy but she's a tough bird and I'm sure she will manage to cope.

Please give her a very big hug from me too.

Love Piglet

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information