Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Agoraphobia Project

Re: The Agoraphobia Project

Asda ? Wow !

I had issues getting into a petrol station. Well done

What was it like when you got inside the store ?

I've just started the next phase is making this a real community project for us all

The Agoraphobia Project Website has been created and I'm currently hard at work on the content.

It's purpose will not be to take your attention away from wonderful websites such as nomorepanic, but to give you another gateway to information. With my own personal touch!

I'll make a new thread when it's ready to launch.

It'll be much easier to upload photos, drawings and videos to the site, rather than relying on youtube.

I cant wait to share it with you all.

Dave

P.s I have secured the domain: www.agoraphobiaproject.com
    Feel free to bookmark it in advance

Heya Dave,
    Great idea .I've been watching ur vids on youtube you're doing great.I have just start writing a blog on my recovery maybe I could put a link on the website when it's up and running, was thinking of doing the youtube thing myself.Don't know yet.

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

Hi Dave,

I also suffer from agoraphobia. I would also like to join in, but I don't have a camera on my phone so I'm not sure how I could film myself out and about (not sure if I'd want to either, lol). I could try filming myself with another camera I have, but I've never used it before so I'll have to spend some time sussing it out! Is there some way of doing this so we could remain anonymous... I mean perhaps we could create new user names and just appear on the agoraphobia site? I have no problem with people on this site knowing who I am but it's not necessarily something I'd want everyone I know to see me doing (do you know what I mean)?

This is a great idea because it will help us feel like part of a community or group which is something a lot of us have not been part of for a long time!

Love and hugs from shoegal x

IF you can find a camera shoegal, you can film whats in front of you, or you can take photos of things you see when you go out.

I find that having my phone recording seems to stop me from having a panic attack as when it starts to build, i point the camera at myself and that makes me very aware that i must look abit silly (as its all in my head)

Panic then buggers off abit !

As for having different nicknames etc on my site, that will be just fine.

Hi guys, when you say housebound, do you literally mean u havnt stepped one foot out the house in X amount of months or you just cant go to supermarkets/ Long walks/ busy places etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawton86 View Post
    Hi guys, when you say housebound, do you literally mean u havnt stepped one foot out the house in X amount of months or you just cant go to supermarkets/ Long walks/ busy places etc?
    For me it means I cant leave my street without feeling anxious.

One month ago i would of said it meant i cant leave at all but I've started to visit places which are likely to increase my anxiety.

I still consider myself housebound (for now)

I've been roombound meaning i couldn't leave the room without having major anxiety and massive panic attacks. I was like that for months. Trying to go to the toilet was NOT fun!!!

I was housebound where i couldn't leave the house AT ALL, not even foot out of the door. Not for a second. I was like that for 2 years.

Now i am just plain old agoraphobic and for me that means i can't go anywhere alone, only with my mum, no one else. I can't travel far in the car and i have to be within a certain distance of the car when i am out or i will panic, and i've been like this for years and years.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Dave - You are really talented! Did you work in or study IT/Multimedia? ...I hope your website does really well. It sounds like it is going to be very interesting. Well done!
    I often wonder how people with agoraphobia coped before the internet - it must have been very lonely for them in a lot of ways back then. The internet makes such a difference doesnt it to people including me with agoraphobia.

Dave - just checked your website again and it's looking great! You really are so talented. I got a shock too when I saw a couple of my doodles on there lol - thank you matey! I haven't forgotten about creating more art and words, honestly, just been up to my eyes with things :(

Belle - I was reall, REALLY relieved to read that you too have been "room bound" cos I was the same many moons ago. It's a really scarey place to be isn't it - I guess we just back ourselves into a corner and think there's no way out - but of course, we keep on keeping on!

Don't know about everyone else but I'm fed up with agoraphobia lol!! One day, eh?

Take care,

doodah xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information