Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The House of Obsessive Compulsives

I have just watched it and at first i was dubious and obviously we all have problems that we want to be brought forward. I have seen a programme in January with the same guy helping and did the toilet bit but this extended further and gave a great perspective on the thoughts process so i wasnt disappointed at all. I know personally that i get terrible, awful thoughts but someone that suffers to the extent that they tie themselves to the bed and hide pens and paper in case they incriminate themselves for no reason, just leaves me feeling admiration for how they cope and makes me realise that any problem however small or big can be helped.

I guess people that suffer like the programme detailed will have taken the benefit and i have and others that dont feel like that and watched it i hope they can appreciate how hard some people get this condition and can relate to however they suffer they have hope to get better and a lot of people feel like they do or even worse and come through it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Was thinking..I know that some of us criticised the program because the people just suddenly seemed to be 'cured' which was a bit silly, i.e. the one woman went from being terrified of germs to touching the inside of a toilet and then eating without washing her hands first - very fishy!! BUT...I was thinking..could these people have been able to take this massive step just because they had met eachother?? All 3 of them said that they had never met anyone with OCD before so could it be that meeting eachother helped them that much??

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sarah ,

Thats what Prof said when we spoke to him, that they each pushed the others and said ' I will xyz if you do and they got a huge motivation from each other. Doesn't sound like they edited it very clearly though .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Oh thanks for that Meg. I thought that might have been the reason why they were suddenly able to do the things they did but it wasn't very well portrayed in the programme..

True Sarah,

They needed to point this out to make sense of their amazing achievements in such a short space of time.

Kate x

I was wondering the same as Sarah, because although my suffering is not as deep as the people on the programme I have trouble being in a room, sitting, with people I dont know and sometimes even more than a few people unless they are not moving, yet I recently went to the meetup, with complete strangers (barr one who Id met the day before), and I had no hesitation at all, also I can honestly say I did not at any stage of that weekend feel near to panic, I think a lot is down to trust also, if Id panicked or run out or anything I would be with people who knew what to do, and not just look at me like I was someone possesed.we all knew each other had /have problems and maybe that was the same with these three.
    I enjoyed it and my heart went out especially to the man, like Sal said, to have to tie himself down............Looking forward to next weeks, Love Alexis,x

I watched the programme but like you all said it seemed to be a very quick and unexplained recovery, if only it were that easy for everyone, yes i bet it was a great comfort and encouragement to meet people with the same problems like this site has been for us, would have been much more of a help to other people if they had shown more of how they helped these people

kairen x

I agree it didnt go into too much detail but i recorded a programme in January (that is till have to send to Nic) with that guy on it and how he treated people was so much more informative.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

i agree the programme was all a bit rushed, not very informative but didnt anybody see the end??? there was clip of next weeks and the "glitter" lady was extremly distressed and was really twitching or something in her kitchen. i guess we have to wait and see xxxx[:P]

Yeah Kimmy I saw that clip..we'll see what happens tomorrow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information