Thread: MEMORY!

MEMORY!

I am crapping myself.

I came downstairs with cup in hand from drinking tea and there was another cup in the sink but i cannot remember A) Using it or B) Putting it in the sink.

I've been alone ALL day.

This is really freaking me out.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: MEMORY!

I have done similar things in the past. Got some food out to eat and then forgot about it and got some more out!

It is nothing to worry about trust me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh don't be worrying about that Belle, I do that sort of stuff all the time.

When my heads somewhere else I easily go onto some sort of auto pilot and find things like the sugar canister in the fridge when it belongs on the side. Or the usual one of going upstairs for something and getting there and thinking what am I there for.

Love Piglet

yep you were just on autopilot. i'm sitting here deliberating whether to feed my fish because i may or may not have already done so twice.

I cant even remember if Ive eatten somedays!! Most of the time Im sure Ive eatten but I cant think for the life of me what it was that I ate!

i fed my fish again to be safe -which could explain why it's morbidly obese. great.

Hiya

Please don't be frightened by this I found a lettuce in the freezer this morning, I remember using it around yesterday tea time but some called me when I was putting food away, I must have placed it in the freezer instead of the fridge this sort of thing is the classic trying to do two things at once or being preoccupied please don't let it bother you, when my anxiety was really bad I would have probably been on the google by now looking up dementia but I haven't so things must be getting better.

Debbie

this sort of autopilot mode is well explained by jon kabat zinn (sorry for going on about him again ) but i didnt know about it until i read it - we all do it, but arent aware of it - and according to him, its this sort of autopilot thinking that casues problems - you can practice mindfulness to stay present so that you negative thoughts cant take you down a path you dont want to go mainly into depression

My memory has been bad lately too. Yesterday was the second time I had to ask someone else in my house what colour my toothbrush was. I also often put the wrong jar in the wrong cupboard and then notice at the last moment. I also always forget if I have just put sugar in my drink and have to sip it before drinking to find out.

Hi Belle,

I too have had this problem and lose and find items in the oddest places. Often I drive and can't remember how I got there! It is usually when I am anxious and my thoughts are focused on something else so I would not worry about it.

Take care,

Saragrace

Thread Information