Thread: will CBT cure me?

will CBT cure me?

hi guys, im finally getting a CBT session this friday for the first time , and i was wondering from peple who have had this treatment whether i should expect a change or not coz i hear it changes your mentality, as ive been having these horrible morbid constant thoughts in my head about my 'immiment demise' and i have really bad panic attacks in stressful situations which is really infringing on my life, i dont want to be bitterly dissapointed like every other thing that ive tried

Re: will CBT cure me?

Hi joe112

Great news about the CBT apt coming through. I hope you find it works for you - it doesn't for everyone unfortunately but it's definately worth a try. It has helped me manage my anxiety & panic attacks

Don't expect instant or spontaneous results though. It does take some time and you will need to put work in yourself to make any changes happen. Depending on how you feel mentally that can be easier said than done but I really hope it has a positive effect for you.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Mel x

The main point is you are doing something about how you feel. You are taking control of your life and thats the main thought to remember. Again dont expect instant results but keep the belief that this will be the starting point to opening new doors for you.

With cbt, you get what you put in, so keep at it and I know you will make a success of this

thanks for the response guys. ill bear this in mind

Hey,

I've not had CBT but I just wanted to say good luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Susan
    xx
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming

WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Thread Information