Thread: Breaking Cycle

Breaking Cycle

I have suffered anxiety for 20 years now with various physical symtoms. The last year has been the worst ever.

What i am looking for is some advice on how to break the cycle of negative, self distructive thoughts. There is hardly a morning that goes by that i dont get up and think today is going to be better but most days by mid morning i know that it has beaten me and i am into the same pattern of unhappiness and negativity. My mind then becomes obsessed by finding a way of feeling better (typically get a dog, by a new car or get a different hobbie). I know there is something deeper to change but I dont know what or how.

HOW DO I FIND THAT HAPPY PLACE IN MY HEAD. I KNOW ITS THERE BUT RARELY FIND IT!

i WOULD BE GREATFUL OF ANY HELP ADVICE COMMENTS. THANKS FOR READING

Re: Breaking Cycle

Hey i really understand what you saying and i too really want to know how to break a bad cycle. I havnt had anxiety for such a long time but i hate the feeling when i wake up and dont see the light.

wish i too could break that cycle.
    wish there was something i could get excited about,something to look forward too,someting to stop me thinkin negative thoughts all the timeh

How did u get rid of yr anxiety ?

you sound like yr sufferin from deppression.

Sue x

How does anyone change their thought pattern?

When a person suffers from depression anxiety panic, they normally allow their thought pattern to fall into the old mode of thinking, so it needs to be changed and I think it is doing what we dont feel like doing during these times.

Our mind is so used to feeling a certain way that it keeps reacting in the same way. So I would suggest just putting in small changes to your day and no matter how you feel tell yourself you are feeling good.

I don't think it's about finding the happy place inside, for me. Often I just realise that I am not thinking about how bad I feel (which usually means I am feeling good) and when a negative thought enters my head I can just bat it away and think "it doesn't matter".

That's how it starts, by not thinking about how crap everything is; if you're having a good day, luxuriate in it and don't think about why you don't feel great every day. If you search hard and long for your happy place it you will never find it, when you're ready, it will just come to you.

Good luck.

I dont believe i have got rid of anxiety. I only recently realised, mostly through reading this site, that I have anxiety. As for depression i dont really understand how it would feel or if i have it.

My main symtoms at the moment are dizzyness, numbness of face, arms and leg mainly on my left side. I also have a flashing light in the corner of my left eyes vision. This only occurs when i am feeling particularly bad like at the moment and drives me mad.

I have a wonderful life, great wife and kids but just know i am not basically happy or making the most of what i have. I DONT KNOW WHY!

I have come to realise in the last few months that boredom is my main trigger. My job has become very boring over the last year and this seems to be making my anxiety much worse. Too much thinking time i think. Anyone else feel boredom can trigger anxiety?

Thread Information