Thread: Going away Friday

Going away Friday

Hi,

Im going away for a weekend on Friday and coming home on the Monday. so really Ill be away for 4 days. It should be fun although I am worrying as I suffer panic attacks.

Has anyone got any tips to help myself stay calm over the weekend and the 2.5 hour car journey there with firends.

Thanks

Re: Going away Friday

You could get some propranolol just for the weekend ?

Stop thinkin negative and start thinkin about the nice time away from yr dad !

Hello
    Look upon the break as a chance to have a break and unwind from your anxiety for a few days. Do you take any medication?
    Are your friends aware of how you feel and do/can they help you?
    When I am on long car journeys I always have music on, and find this helps take the edge of anxiety/any possible panic attacks especially if it is uplifting music - nothing gloomy and depressing! I find listening to music or reading really helps - basically anything that distracts you from feeling panicky. Tell yourself too, that if you have a panic attack then you do and you will get through it and it will pass. Your friends will be there and they will help and then once you are through it you can carry on again. Stressing about having one will make you edgy and less likely to feel relaxed. Keep your blood sugar levels constant so that they dont get low which can make anxiety and panic attacks worse. I always keep sugary sweets on me now wherever I go and find that if my sugar levels dip I tend to feel more anxious.
    I hope you have a lovely time with your friends.
    Last edited by PoppyC; 10-03-09 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by sotonsue View Post
    You could get some propranolol just for the weekend ?

Stop thinkin negative and start thinkin about the nice time away from yr dad !
    Thanks Yeah it will be a nice break from the stress at home so I am trying to focus on this.

And thanks PoppyC,
    I dont take any medication and none of my friends know about my panic attacks or anxiety which kind of makes it worse but it shouldnt make a difference as no one has known about it since Ive been having attacks.

I will deff try and do what you say about the sugar levels though becuase I for one know when I dont eat for a few hours I start to think about my blood sugar level and start to make myself feal weak from it lol. WIll deff bring along some sweets to keep it up.

Thanks for all the advice everyone

Thread Information