Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know if I want to start

Re: I don't know if I want to start

yes they do lower your blood pressure so it might not be great to take them if you've got low blood pressure. i'm scared that they will make me feel faint and dizzy too, not that i think i've got low blod pressure, the doc's never said i have. so far i'm doing alright without them!

Ive just been prescrived these, pretty much against my will. I told my doctor I DONT WANT tablets.

Really dont want to take them. I always read the side effects for some stupid reason and most of the side effects even though they are really rare are the symptoms Im meant to be taking them for so I dont see the point lol.

I mean if their gonna make me depressed, anxious, sick, nausea etc etc Thats what Im meant to be taking them for ha.

I make such a big deal when it comes to taking a paracetemol for a head ache let alone anything like these

I dont know what to do :(

oh i totally agree, i never wanted on tablets again but that's all the doctors do! for worriers like us there's no point in taking something which is going to make us worry more!

Hi,
    I,m exactly in the same boat..i,ve been prescribed 10 mg...3rice a day but not sure when to start..in fact the whole idea is making me feel even more anxious..how did it go with you? i,ve heard it works for a lot of people and they have had no side effects..hope it works the same for u..and for me..have u started taking them? do u take them regularly or only occasionally..i intend to take them occasionally because i dont feel anxious all the time..only in certain situations..

all the best..

Hi..have u stared taking your propanolol? how did it go?
    any side effects?
    i,m plannin to start today soon..but i dont wanna have them on a regular basis..only occassionally when i,m facing a anxiety triggering situations..? is that ok?
    please let us know of yr feedback from propanolol

Quote Originally Posted by summer82 View Post
    im also in this boat lol I have 80mg tablets sitting next to me now and I have been searching for information on them (it's how I stumbled on this site incidentally) I think I'm going to start them tonight. this is mostly to do with the positive feedback they seem to be getting on here. shall we all just go for it? lol and see how it goes?

hey ive been prescribed propranolol 40mg 2 a day, i got them wednesday and i like alot of u was stupid enough to read the side affects (i wish i never) i took on this morning n i was so scared i got a bit anxious(sp?) but i was fine i have only had 1 tho i plan on having 1 more at 6'ish pm. so thats 1 at 8am n 1 at 6pm is that okay or is that too close? dont wanna worry my self about overdosing!
    can i drink beer whilst on these?

hey haven't been on here for a while but I thought I'd post an update for anyone new looking for info. I started taking the propranolol (80mg) and I'm happy to report that I had no side effects from it and I'm the person who always suffers from the side effects lol. it has helped me so so much! one of the nastiest things about a panic attack is the feeling that your heart is about to bust out from your chest cause its beating so hard and fast, which in turn, at least with me, caused me to shake from all the adrenaline. these pills literally stop this in it's tracks. one of the worse things for me has always been bedtime. I couldn't get off to sleep at night because my heart was always racing. I'd start to panic and would often find myself doing my breathing excersises at 1am, trying to calm myself down ect...you know the drill people lol
    I took the first pill at about 7pm and went to bed at about 12am and it was already working. I started to feel a panic attack coming on but all of a sudden my heart rate just slowed down to a nice comfortable pace. I now have hardly any trouble getting off to sleep on a night and my panic attacks are more manageable. I really do recommend propranolol. don't be afraid to try them if you suffer with anxiety. I can honestly say they were a godsend for me and nearly everyone I've spoken to on here and on other forums like this suffered no untoward side effects.

hi, i'm on propranolol 40mg twice a day. I've had slight side effects eg nausea and tiredness. But thats all. If in any doubt as to whether you should take them i would contact your GP.

Hope this helps. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information