Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lung Biopsy...

Lung Biopsy...

Hi All
    After weeks and months of back and fro with xrays and then a ct scan, I have been called in for a lung biopsy on a completly different part of my lung. I have to go on Thursday, am terrified, and wonder if anyone else has been up this road. The initial 'problem' turned out to be 'nothing'.
    Worse, they have no day beds available so I must stay in tomorrow night!
    Pegs X

Re: Lung Biopsy...

I'm so dissapointed that no-one can help me with this. Any info would be very welcome. In the meantime, I'm going through hell. Worst anxiety and I'm so upset. Positive news is that I saw my surgeon that did my breast surgery today, and he did stress that cancer is usually very visable on an xray. And my boobs are fine...
    Pegs X

Pegs

I am sorry but I have no knowledge about this I am afraid so cannot help but wanted to wish you well tomorrow and I am sure it will all go well and you will be fine

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you Nicola. It's hell. My Plastic surgeon was really helpful and very sorry that I've had to have the stress to go with it. A biopsy sounds soooo ominous though. I don't have any chest symptoms at all which makes it weirder. I worry why would they go to such a great expense if all is ok?
    XX

Poor you - really scary I bet. There may have been a thing on the x-ray that they wanted to check out..... and it will probably turn out to be nothing. Have you ever had a bad chest infection or anything....? It could be a mark from that... happened to a friend - who had the fear of god put into her and it turned out to be scar tissue from an old infection..... sounds like they are just being cautious....

Oh pegs I'm so sorry I didn't see this yesterday. You must be terrified and I will be thinking about you today. I'm quite sure that cancer would have been visible on the X-ray......... so pleeeease try to keep that in mind. I just googled CT scan of the lungs and it seems that they have an EXTREMELY HIGH FALSE POSITIVE RATE. In other words they very often pick things up which look suspicious but which are nothing. Since you a) have no symptoms and b) had a clear X-ray I'm sure this is you.
    Let us know how you get on.
    xxxx

Hi Pegs - was thinking of you last night. Hope you are home now and feeling better, and that your night in hosital wasn't too horrid. Please don't forget to let us know how you got on......
    xxx

Hi Jojo and All
    Thanks again for your encouraging words!
    I was absolutley terrified and cried and cried, but the biopsy wasn't bad at all. I watched the whole thing on ct scan tv and could see the patch concerned. Problem was, my lung collapsed and I had to have the air drained.....absolute HELL. Won't go into detail as I don't want to scare anyone. Saw my Consultant this morning and have to have another, more detailed fancy type of scan, but only in a week or two as the biopsy could interfere with the result and give 'false positive'. Will see her again 1 April. Iv'e had about 6 xrays to check that all was ok and am home now. Whilst waiting for one, I opened my file, saw something I shouldn't have, and slammed it shut again. I had a silent panic attack there and then, but after taking some pills and calming down, realised that 'possible' does not mean definate or even probable. The Doc did mention that at least the 'mass' is small.....and glad that my GP had refered me at all...
    Oh God. I don't know what to think but feel calmer than I have for a while, because nothing I do can change the results.
    The waiting game begins again.....
    Thank you all for your support. Will keep you updated.
    Love Pegs XXX

our thoughts are with you! keep us posted and we'll be sending good vibes your way!
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

It sounds horrible - but glad it's over. How long do you have to wait for the results?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information