Thread: Letting my Hair Down

Letting my Hair Down

Hi all,

I have recently been having a chat with Bryan and he pointed out that I seem to be coping much better lately with my anxiety and that I should post on this board. At first I thought that I didnt really merit this but after this weekend, I think I do.

This weekend I had a 40th birthday party in Edinburgh and I dont know if any of you had heard what the weather forecast was to be this weekend...snow blizzards in Scotland. So on the way there we were suddenly stuck in quite a bad snow blizzard. I am an anxious person at the best of times in a car so this was quite a big deal for me. I could feel myself getting quite anxious on the way there, but I managed to control it through some positive thinking and paying attention to my breathing. Peter was driving very carefuly also and was good at keeping us all calm with some of his jokes etc. Anyway, we got there safe and sound in the end.

The party was really good too..all the family were there and are all great fun. The usual party behaviour was on show...lots of drinking, singing, dancing and a stripper was also there to add a bit of spice...(he was not too good looking but had a lovely hmmm...) Anyway, at one point in the night I was aware of my heart beating and thought that I was having a panic attack. Again, I amazed myself by thinking too myself...'nothings wrong with your heart, its just beating fast due to drinking and dancing, everyones heart beats a bit faster when there out partying etc'... Somehow I managed to forget about it and let my hair down..

Anyway, I amazed myself last night..as I have had many nights when I have felt anxious and spent most of the night in the loo thinking that I will die etc.. It has made me realise just how far I have progressed and how I can actually cope with these feelings.

Thanks for listening and all your support. I hope to post here soon with another step foward. Thanks again Bryan.[:I]

sadie

Hi Sadie

Well done to you [8D] You should be very pleased with yourself for coping.

None of us like driving in the snow so you did great to cope with that as well.

You even mannaged to talk yourself round when you thought you were panicking so that is brilliant news.

Thanks for sharing this with us today and keep up the good work.

xxx

Nicola

hi sadie,

well done,you travelled all that way as a passenger,the weather was bad,you felt anxious,you mixed with a big crowd,albeit friends,and family,you stayed over,you ate food...there was a gambit of emotions there to overcome..and you came through it,with flying colours.

heres to the next stage,my friend..little steps..best wishes..bryan.

Well done Sadie.

Brilliant news

Keep it up.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks everyone,

I dont think I would feel like I could cope if it wasnt for all of you..listening and offering good advice. Somehow this forum has given me the hope and courage I never thought I would ever have to cope with my anxiety.
    Thanks again!

sadie

Well done Sadie

I am really impressed with you mate. you are coming on leaps and bounds. Keep it up babe and dont beat yourself up if you have a rotten day in the future. what you have just accomplished has just cancelled it out...lol

love Sarah
    xx

Well , I'm just glad that you're all managing to do exactly what it says on the tin !!
    The advice here is just providing you with a variety of 'recipes' to help you decide what to make today.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Sadie,

i'm really glad you are doing so great!!
    I have also noticed your posts seem more optimistic lately and the advice and support you post is very helpful to be me.

I definetly agree this should be part of the success stories

Love
    lucky

Sadie

You go girl! I'm so glad you have fought on and won another battle!

Heres to many more success in the new year!

Love

Charlie

Thread Information