Thread: Not able to cope

Unhappy Not able to cope

Feel so depressed and isolated. Also going through menopause - hot flushes very hard to cope with.
    I just can't seem to tell anyone how bad i feel. Tried to tell a friend on saturday about menopause symptons , she just dismissed what i was saying and continued talking about herself, always seem to have friends who are soo selfish..
    very irritable at work , lady who i work with just goes on endlessly.
    I feel that i need a break - feel like running away.
    I just don't know what to do.

Re: Not able to cope

Hi
    I am so sorry to hear you feel as you do. Have you been to see your gp about going through the menopause and explained how you feel? The menopause can make existing anxiety and depression much worse and women can get it even when they have never suffered with it before because of going through the menopause. Have you tried any prescribed medication? or tried any herbal menopause medications that you can buy in the shops? You dont have to suffer with this if it is really getting you down. I would visit my gp and explain how I felt and see if I could get some help. I always find that female gps are better at dealing with these issues than male ones, but that is just in my experience. There are some very good online forums and sites and books for women going through the menopause too. I am 43 and dreading going through the menopause as I am worried that my anxiety will get worse, however I am now on Citroplam, so maybe that will help with that. I hope things improve for you.
    Hugs

Hi
    I am so sorry to hear you feel as you do. It must be horrible for you. Have you been to see your gp about going through the menopause and explained how you feel? The menopause can make existing anxiety and depression much worse and women can get it even when they have never suffered with it before because of going through the menopause. Have you tried any prescribed medication? or tried any herbal menopausal medications? You dont have to suffer with this if it is really getting you down. I would visit my gp and explain how I felt and see if I could get some help. I always find that female gps are better at dealing with these issues than male ones, but that is just in my experience. There are some very good online forums, websites and books for women going through the menopause too. I am 43 and dreading going through the menopause as I am worried that my anxiety will get worse, however I am now on Citroplam, so maybe that will help with that. I hope things improve for you.
    Hugs

Really feel for you,goin through the same thing at the moment
    i to wish i could just walk out the door and not come back.
    I agree with Poppy,she always seams to have such good advice !
    i'm gonna start citalopram soon ..can't be worse than how were feelin at the moment.
    hope you feel better soon x

Unhappy Re: Not able to cope

Thanks for your advice , ive booked an appointment with Gp , not until 25th march , but this was the earliest i could get. Not keen on hrt because of health anxieties , but might try herbal remedies.
    Im 45 , and just feel soo old and that lifes over - but its never really started !!

Pleased to hear that you have made an appointment with your GP.

Please let us know how things go, I am sure a lot of women on here would be interested hearing any tips and advice.

Good luck xxx

Thread Information