Thread: homeless, frightend,finding it hard too cope

homeless, frightend,finding it hard too cope

i had too flee my house after recurrent verbal threats and violence from my next door neibours,housing were useless and police i ended up too frightend too call police in as they would go and challenge them and it would make things worse,i ended up after being verbally and physically assaulted whilst baby was in her sling the last straw i grabbed my kids and ran,posted keys and note too housing too explain i ended up living with partners family other side of country till i could get my head sorted out,i came home after 4 months as i couldnt cope being away from family,homeless unit have now put me in temp acc and have took all details etc ,i went back too get a descision on monday and the lady basically says she still thinks i gave my home up intentionally,and i have right too appeal if i am again turned down i will be asked too leave this accomadation,i dont know what too do my anxiety is through roof,i find it hard too get out bed as i cant face day but i have too as have baby too look after,i basically told my partner id be better off dead as i feel like ive failed my kids when all i tried too do was protect them,my mood is so low and im finding it hard too fight back,i have 3 kids 16,13 and baby 13months and i know i have too keep strong for them but its so hard,i have had panic attacks anxiety ocd(intrusive thoughts) and some days i cant leave house at all cos im soo scared ,ive sufferd on and off for 19yrs ,i feel like a burden on my kids,and feel like a failure of a mum ,:(
    ive contacted cab cyrenians and shelter and have too go see them next week until theni dont know where im coming or going,we have no where else too go,
    sorry too ramble just needed too write it down x

Re: homeless, frightend,finding it hard too cope

Shelter is a great org and you will get tons of good advice. I would also suggest getting a doctors letter to support your need to be re-housed. You've not failed your kids and its plain to see your doing your best for them.
    keep trying and I hope all works out for you

Be Blessed

do not let any one bully you out your own house.some times you have to do things you dont like but never let a bully win .most are rank cowards any way
    good luck and wish you better

The police / council / landlord, will have a record of all complaint calls pertaining to your neighbour's behaviour.

Look for a private place,look on Gumtree,yr local paper etc
    you will be entitled to housing benefit
    If you need a deposit you can get a government loan/crisis loan not sure of the correct name or perhaps a family member could help you.There are lots of houses available to rent now and many don't mind low income families who also get housing benefit as long as u get a garanture.I know people who could'nt get rehoused because "they made themselfs homeless"it was hard but they got a private rental !

Thread Information