Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vivid dreams

Vivid dreams

I have always had vivid dreams and when I was younger had many recurrent dreams

When I was put on Fluoxetine last year, I 'think' I actually sleep walked, naked, to my next door neighbours.........Or I dreamt I did. There was evidence that I did 'from what I remembered from my dream'. My neighbour is a young gay guy, not that that is relevant but I feel I was out of order knocking his door at silly o'clock.. If I actually did?

I sent him and his boyfriend an email apologising explaining I was on medication.

I'm rambling, I know but I'm trying to get my head around the fact I might have gone next door naked.

I'm no longer on Fluoxetine but my dreams are very real and TBH I am having difficulty separating my real life from my dreams.

Re: Vivid dreams

Wow. I have really vivid dreams too.....more so at the moment for unknown reasons.

I managed to sit up and actually purposely flick my poor boyfriend in the eye when i was asleep with 100% accuracy a few nights ago! Ive had 2 occassions in the last week where i was unable to seperate dream and reality, last week i thought i'd actually got up and gone into university.....i had even actually managed to send a text to my friend in the process!! and last night i had a very vivid recurring dream (that i get a few times a week) about using my mobile phone but being unable to dial the right number or get through to the right person, i was even saying to myself in my dream 'i cant believe this is happening in real life'....because it seemed no different to reality!

i actually sleepwalked in hospital with one of those stupid hospital gowns on after having my appendix out...embarrassing but i suppose if you have a vivid imagination in the first place - a cocktail of medications not gonna help things!!!

Hi there

I have to say that I have always been a very vivid dreamer. Since being on fluoxetine myself my dreams are no less vivid but feel very very different. I had a very interesting dream lately and the colour red and black featured very strongly ended up having a very interesting chat with a friend about a guy called carl yung and his take on the symbolism of dreams.

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pooh View Post
    Hi there

I have to say that I have always been a very vivid dreamer. Since being on fluoxetine myself my dreams are no less vivid but feel very very different. I had a very interesting dream lately and the colour red and black featured very strongly ended up having a very interesting chat with a friend about a guy called carl yung and his take on the symbolism of dreams.

Pooh x
    Did you mean Carl Gustav Jung?

Thats the guy yip!
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

Thats the guy yip!
    I'm happy you confirmed and established that!

CARL JUNG ON DREAMS Carl Jung believed a dreams content uses symbolic language. He proposed that a dream expresses collective racial unconscious memories and instincts shared by all people.
    These are basic ideas that are themselves symbols. These include the hero, monster, mother, father, mandala, sacrifice and the mask.
    Dreams also indicate the way to self actualization. Jungian therapy in fact deals extensively with dreams and fantasies.

I always spell his name wrong lol

I have very vivid dreams too.
    Last night I had a dream about my sons Sensei (Karate Teacher) , I'm not complaining.

SSShhh,.. keep it quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by katie76 View Post
    I have very vivid dreams too.
    Last night I had a dream about my sons Sensei (Karate Teacher) , I'm not complaining.

SSShhh,.. keep it quiet.
    lolololol

Beware

Talking Re: Vivid dreams

CARL JUNG ON DREAMS Carl Jung believed a dreams content uses symbolic language. He proposed that a dream expresses collective racial unconscious memories and instincts shared by all people.
    These are basic ideas that are themselves symbols. These include the hero, monster, mother, father, mandala, sacrifice and the mask.
    Dreams also indicate the way to self actualization. Jungian therapy in fact deals extensively with dreams and fantasies.

I always spell his name wrong lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information