Thread: Emet and other people seeing you sick

Emet and other people seeing you sick

I was wondering if this was just me or not....I've got emetephobia but my worst fear is of someone seeing me be sick. So I avoid public places in case people see me be sick. Does anyone else feel like that?

Re: Emet and other people seeing you sick

YES! This is the part of emetophobia that affects my life on a day to day basis. If I feel ill I immediately want to withdraw and be alone. I'm ok being with a certain few people but it has to be just me and one other if anyone. I get my boyfriend to go to Tesco for me while I wait in the car and will leave parties early if I feel the slightest bit ill. Kidn of takes the fun out of life doesn't it? Good news is it can be helped - my emet. has eased a hell of a lot since I started therapy; I recommend it *hugs*

xxxx

Yey someone else like me! Thank goodness. I live with my boyfriend and he goes into Tesco too! How funny. Where are you in the UK? I don't know where to start looking for a therapist. xx

Hehe what are boyfriends for, eh? I live in Newbury and got referred to my therapist via my GP. Because I'm under 23 I was entitled to have 6 weeks free, which is now over but I can sign up again (for free) if I need to. It's well worth asking your doctor if they know of anything like that - I was expecting it to just be a 'go along and talk about your problems' kind of thing but the woman there was a qualified therapist and really helped me. Hope you can get referred somewhere good! xxxx

i have this phobia now,im terrified of being sick.i dont no what to do about it.

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

teen drama queen, we have the same name! i'm sorry your phobia is so bad!

lucy - i'm in milton keynes. my gp is all set on me taking meds unfortunately but i will try to get her to help me with a therapist. x

I have Emet to any one fancy a chat

Unhappy Re: Emet and other people seeing you sick

Quote Originally Posted by fuggamoose View Post
    I was wondering if this was just me or not....I've got emetephobia but my worst fear is of someone seeing me be sick. So I avoid public places in case people see me be sick. Does anyone else feel like that?

yes

Hi everyone,

I'm in the U.S. and I don't know of any places I could go for my emet problem. Over here, it doesn't seem to be as much as an epidemic.

Thread Information